Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

FLO are excellent - They take time with you answering questions and giving advice. I ordered an Equinox 66 from them and they shipped it out to Spain with no problems. It even arrived a day earlier than the Fedex estimate. A big 'hurrah' for FLO from me!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about FLO there service is excellent and I am amazed how quickly they get back you via emails as well and very helpful and normally I order stuff through Martin. This is one company that has very high standards!

Edited by Matt2011

Hi

I know FLO get a lot of good reviews in this section, but I felt I had to add mine.

I ordered a fine tuning ring for my 13mm hyperion at 12:43 yesterday afternoon.

44 minutes later I had a second email stating that it had been dispatched !

The postman delivered the item at 8:05 this morning :)

All I can say is a big thanks to a company that puts this kind of effort in for its customers.

Neil

Hi

I just want to say a Special Thanks to FLO & Atik for handling the problem I had with my Atik camera recently. After informing FLO that I had some dried up residue in my camera, FLO were very prompt in collecting the camera (Next Day) then having it Delivered to Atik.

Vince from Atik was extremely helpful in cleaning my camera & having it checked over with a fast turnaround of me recieving the camera back after a few days & also informing me with regular updates.

Also I would like to add the Delivery from Atik was fast as well, with UPS delivering before 10am Monday Morning.

In my book, your Service is Ace.

All the Best.

Cheers

Nadeem.

Ordered an axiom ep and OIII filter thursday night, the website said the filter was on back order 3-4 days. I received the EP monday and the filter tuesday! Obviously new would be just too excited t owait for each item so they got posted seperately to save the wait and at no extra cost, can't really have any complaints about that! :)

Happy with the products too, a slight grumble made about the rubber caps on the axiom in another post but really pales in comparison to the quality of performance :(

• 3 weeks later...

have to say they have been great, had a porblem with my new eq3-2 (RA axis was gritty and sticking) they took the mount head back and replaced it within a week. Now if only it wasn't the week of nice clear skies, clouds come back now XD

• 2 weeks later...

Placed an order 14 days ago for a Skytron Power Cable for Skywatcher AZ GOTO.

Still waiting, Can't Log into my account on the site

as the password I keep sending a reminder for does not work :) and the phone is always on answer machine :).

If it's out of stock it would have been nice to be informed with an e-mail.:)

Hi David,

Apologies for the delay. We are having difficulties sourcing some of the Skytron cables. As soon as we sold out we set our stock to zero so you should have seen the 'Notify me when this item is available' notice/option when you placed your order. We also attached a note to your order saying 'Waiting for an ETA from the supplier'.

Our telephone is in almost constant use at this time of year. Sorry. When our phone lines are busy you hear a message suggesting you contact us via our Helpdesk. During busy periods the Helpdesk is the best way to contact us. I don't appear to have received an email from you.

I am currently trying to reach our supplier so will email you as soon as I succeed. Alternatively I can arrange a same-day refund.

I am not sure why you cannot log into your account at FLO. I can't access your password but can reset it, you can then login to check your order and create a new password.

Hope that helps,

Steve

I sent the mum of a friend over to Steve yesterday at FLO, and she emailed me this morning, utterly delighted with the help/support etc she got. It's that level of trust, when you recommend someone that matters, and along with about 3-4 other UK dealers, Steve and James absolutely fall in to that category

Thanks guys!

I ordered a WO eye piece a few weeks ago that arrived very quickly - I was impressed. BUT, I was a little worried that £60 worth of eye piece was sent first class with no tracking. Thankfully it arrived but for the sake of a couple of extra quid I would have liked a tracked post method. Maybe that is something you could look into?

Please do not take this as bad press, I will definitely use you again!

I've used First Light Optics a few times, but after this I won't be using them again. I ordered a Baader Skysurfer V on the 29th Nov, had a email from James the next day stating that there wasn't any black ones in stock, only silver & asked if that would be ok, to which I replied yes. So I checked the site to see if it had be sent & even sent a email to see if it had, still in progress & no replied. I phoned today, to be welcomed by a answering machine saying contact them by email, err...I did. So I have £76 missing from my bank account & no item, good deal that. :)

Not Impressed

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I have checked our records. You placed the order Tue 29th 11.55pm, James contacted you Wed 30th 11.34am to ask whether a silver colour was acceptable. He is still waiting for your response. We have not received an email from you at our Helpdesk or at James' direct email address. Consider also, even allowing for your placing the order 5mins before midnight, this is only the fourth working day since you placed your order.

I shall ask James to arrange a full refund then cancel your order.

Hope that helps,

Steve

what a breath of fresh air First Light Optics are. Super items and fast delivery. I managed to order and receive my 2 inch tube extender faster than it took Altair Astro to even answer one email (still havn't replied)

Thanks for saving my sanity

For weeks and weeks on and off,I have tried to phone these

people.It matters not what time! I get a polite message saying that this is a bit of a busy time at present so please call back or email the enquiry.Some queries need a chat FLO...That is good service

in a complex field like astonomy!:)

You are right, it is difficult to reach us by phone, particularly during our busiest time of year. Sorry.

The ansafone message requests that you email us because that is the best way to contact us. Emails arrive at our helpdesk where we can usually respond promptly, we often work out of hours to ensure this. If you (or we) feel it is a conversation best handled by phone we are always happy to call.

Hope that helps,

Steve :)

I am going to order a ton of stuff from them shortly. Martin responded to my emails in an efficient and friendly way and you can't knock that kind of service nowadays. I like that -it makes you feel if anything went wrong you have a reputable dealer behind you.

Steve