Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 2019 SP - Bookings Open!

Grant

I think that would be good Will, as I'd like to learn the basics and be shown how to set up something simple that can at least be used in all weathers, made up of baked bean tins and string!

• Like 2

Excellent, yes, a simple beginners guide to radio astronomy that you can attempt at home with a baked bean can, a ball of string and some sticky back plastic to produce an image that shows the event horizon a little more clearly is what I’m after!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have some experience of Radio Astronomy from my Uni days, would be very interested if you're doing a talk on it :) I would love to try it out again one day

Edited by SimonS

I would of course be most willing to run an astrology workshop, as everyone knows that astronomy and astrology are the same thing. 🤪🤪🤪

*Ducks and runs*

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lulu57 said:

I would of course be most willing to run an astrology workshop, as everyone knows that astronomy and astrology are the same thing. 🤪🤪🤪

*Ducks and runs*

Get yourself a little tent and a crystal ball and you could do some fortune telling :grin:

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, SteveL said:

Its not entirely unlikely that I might be there for the weekend, although I do not have any of my astro kit any more. The best I have is my stablised binos :) (Its been a while)

:hello2::hello2:

<Helen adds extra chocolate cake to the packing list 😋>

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hurrah, I've finally had a green card issued, have had the time off approved by work and have booked up for Fri - Sun.

However, I have had to promise my wife a SPECTACULAR meal out when I get back as her birthday is on the Saturday and camping at Lucksall didn't seem to feature in her birthday plans..

At least I have plenty of time to plan and get something booked.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ade

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

I have had to promise my wife a SPECTACULAR meal out when I get back

I can highly recommend the Big Daddy Box Meal at KFC, it really is something special...!! Look forward to seeing you at the party.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AdeKing said:

Hurrah, I've finally had a green card issued, have had the time off approved by work and have booked up for Fri - Sun.

However, I have had to promise my wife a SPECTACULAR meal out when I get back as her birthday is on the Saturday and camping at Lucksall didn't seem to feature in her birthday plans..

Ade

Yes Ade great to see again. I can recommend a nice pub at Bradford on Avon not too far to travel on your way back 😉

6 hours ago, AdeKing said:

Ade

Excellent. Look forward to seeing you there 👍👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Excellent Ade. Look forward to seeing you.

Thanks Stu, it'll be great to see you again.

6 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

I can highly recommend the Big Daddy Box Meal at KFC, it really is something special...!! Look forward to seeing you at the party.

Thanks Gav, I'll keep your suggestion under my hat for a while just in case the green card gets revoked. 

Look forward to seeing you again.

5 hours ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Yes Ade great to see again. I can recommend a nice pub at Bradford on Avon not too far to travel on your way back 😉

Thanks for the suggestion mark, I think I might know just the pub you mean 😉.  Be good to see you again.

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Be good to see you Ade, haven't actually got around to booking yet must do later.

Let's hope we get some Sun at least.

I'll remember to pack the inflatable raft as an exit plan this year 😉.  Fingers crossed for good weather and lots of observing time.

It'll be nice to see you again.