NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL 2019 SP - Bookings Open!

Grant

On 09/09/2019 at 10:40, robbymain said:

Problem solved - she will be at work late on the Thursday but not the Fri so I plan to turn up mid-afternoon nice and early 😃

And hopefully I now have been able to get the hired motorhome at 12:00 now so hopefully should be there for 2:00PM . Loads of time to get set up and ready for the curry 🙂

Steve

• Like 1

When I booked a caravan/Motorhome pitchon FLO it asked for your registration. As I had not hired a motorhome at that stage I just put down my car registration number but this will not be what I turn up in. Should I contact FLO or Lucksall when I know the correct registration or will I just be able to sort it out when I turn up?

Steve

3 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

When I booked a caravan/Motorhome pitchon FLO it asked for your registration. As I had not hired a motorhome at that stage I just put down my car registration number but this will not be what I turn up in. Should I contact FLO or Lucksall when I know the correct registration or will I just be able to sort it out when I turn up?

Steve

If you arrive during the day, you will need to check in first so you can always update your registration at the front desk then otherwise, as Dave says, just give Lucksall a buzz and they can update this for you over the phone.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, upahill said:

Just added a food order via FLO for all 3 meals, any idea what time the Sunday roast will run until - possibility of OH having to work the weekend (in Hereford) so may not get back until late afternoon?

Can't remember what time it was but they generally have two sittings so it drags out for quite a while :grin:

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Can't remember what time it was but they generally have two sittings so it drags out for quite a while :grin:

Dave

Hopefully we can make it work, we missed out on the roast last year but the curry and hog roast were fantastic 😋

• Like 1

Last year, to save people waiting around for ages we had three different sittings for lunch about 30 minutes between each one to give the kitchen chance to keep up. Depending on numbers we will do the same this year and I think they started from around 1pm onwards.

There is some flexibility here though so if you needed to be in the earlier sitting to get away, I'm sure we can organise that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Regarding the red light rules this may be of some use to anyone with a laptop (and Windows 10).

Windows 10 Night Vision Mode

Does anyone have a recommendation for red film to cover other sources of light?

Steve

I use red florists cellophane - cheap as chips and can layer it up if needed. If anyone needs any on the night I will probably still have a few metres of it left!

Another Windows App i use is ColourVeil which tints everything (except UAC prompts) and a web browser extension I found recently to change websites to dark mode called Dark Reader which I posted about here a few days ago...

The campervan has dual mode white/red leds for the main lights - but it hasn't moved since SGL2018 so we may be coming in a tent yet! :D

• Thanks 1

Afternoon all I'm thinking of attending this year although it will only be on the Friday & Saturday night, we will be coming down straight from work so I'd imagine I won't be there until 7:30-ish so I'll be setting up quite late. If its clear & I don't want to be stoned to death is there a hard standing pitch where I can set up out of the way? We will be using red torches when unfolding the caravan but it any hands on help to get the thing set up quick would be appreciated so not to disturb any of you lovely folk.

25 minutes ago, tich said:

Afternoon all I'm thinking of attending this year although it will only be on the Friday & Saturday night, we will be coming down straight from work so I'd imagine I won't be there until 7:30-ish so I'll be setting up quite late. If its clear & I don't want to be stoned to death is there a hard standing pitch where I can set up out of the way? We will be using red torches when unfolding the caravan but it any hands on help to get the thing set up quick would be appreciated so not to disturb any of you lovely folk.

I can't remember what time the quiz started last year, but it wasn't until everyone had chance to finish the curry so im sure there will be some spare hands around. Happy to lend a hand if needed, just give us a shout :)

1 hour ago, tich said:

Hey - tich the Viking! Aaaaarggggh!!

There's going to be a stoning?! I'll be there with two flats, two points and a packet of gravel...but if you don't mention Jehova, I suppose I could lend you a (rather inept) hand! 🤪

Edited by lulu57
ashamed of basic spelling errors!
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, tich said:

Be good to see you mate, if you're pitching up around the usual spot in Kingfisher I'll keep an eye out for you :thumbsup:

Dave

Just wondering if there's a pitch plan as I can't find one anywhere?
If we can get on Kingfisher again then that would be great but happy to pitch up anywhere really, I will be quite late getting there so I'd imagine I would have to ring up Lucksall to give them my car registration details.

13 hours ago, tich said:

I will be quite late getting there so I'd imagine I would have to ring up Lucksall to give them my car registration details.

If you book and supply your car reg' the gate has NPR so should let you in, don't know if there's a late night cut of time though.

Dave

Pitch plan due shortly.

Edited by Davey-T
  • Thanks 1

On 23/09/2019 at 00:03, tich said:

Just wondering if there's a pitch plan as I can't find one anywhere?
If we can get on Kingfisher again then that would be great but happy to pitch up anywhere really, I will be quite late getting there so I'd imagine I would have to ring up Lucksall to give them my car registration details.

You're usually near us so if you need a hand, Becks and I will come and assist!

Cheers

Will

3 hours ago, Twisted Lip said:

You're usually near us so if you need a hand, Becks and I will come and assist!

3 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

Myself and possibly SWMBO will be arriving early afternoon so we'll be around to lend a hand. 

And I'll watch and offer helpful advice 😂

Dave

• Haha 2