NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL 2019 SP - Bookings Open!

Grant

Although I am not officially staying on site at Lucksall I will be there most of the time. I only live 10 minutes from the site so I am happy to take anyone without a vehicle into Hereford. I pretty certain that Gary (Owner) will have the shop open. I will also be surprised if the cafe is not open as well. I am driving past the site this evening and if its still open I will pop in and ask the question. 

In addition if anyone wants info about the area then I will be wearing my ' Mark at Beaufort' badge.

• Thanks 2

Just in case they are closed tonight this is a statement from the website. The cafe is a separate business and has different opening times. Clearly the main days of the star party the cafe is open and is serving the food organised by Grant/FLO. As you can see the cafe appears to be closed on a Tuesday and Wednesday - however, I will try and check before the star party begins.

lucksall.JPG

• Thanks 2

I'm heading home on Tue morning, but would like some kind of breakfast so will have to bring something with me, even if it's only some muesli and Ultra Horrible Taste milk.

Oh, and a kettle and tea bags.

7 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I'm heading home on Tue morning, but would like some kind of breakfast so will have to bring something with me, even if it's only some muesli and Ultra Horrible Taste milk.

I too am away Tuesday but you are more than welcome to use my hired campervan cooking facilities if you want something warm, or I can rustle up a bacon buttie.

Also I should have a fridge if you want some proper milk.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just in case you need a breakfast on Tuesday morning there is an alternative. 8 minutes from Lucksall is the Rotherwas Industrial Site on the edge of Hereford. The cafe, which I am told is very good, is the Eddison's Coffee Shop which serves full English Breakfast. Address for your Sat Nav or to have a look - 5, Thorn Business Park, Hereford HR2 6JT

4 hours ago, DaveS said:

I'd guess that the temperature will be low enough for proper milk not to sour overnight.

I don't think I've ever refrigerated my milk at SGLSP and haven't been ill so far.

Ade

• Haha 1

There's a flood warning in place for Fownhope - I'm not having that! At least there's not a storm coming in from the Atlantic like there was last year. I'm counting on not floating down the Wye in my dad's caravan! 😮😄

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, lulu57 said:

There's a flood warning in place for Fownhope - I'm not having that! At least there's not a storm coming in from the Atlantic like there was last year. I'm counting on not floating down the Wye in my dad's caravan! 😮😄

Saw a picture earlier of a few hundred thousand apples floating down the river again like last year. At least we wont starve.

Drove past ross-under-wye yesterday and its pretty epic. Hopefully the campsite's flood defenses will keep us all in place. :)

• Like 1