NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

My planetary case (incorporating night vision and solar binoviewing) has had a couple of changes recently. TOE set completed with 4mm, but afraid the three Tak orthos (12.5, 9, 6mm) will be going back. The glass is filled with tiny internal dust(?) particles or bubbles - only visible under strong light. It’s not just me - several owners in the States reported the same problem in a CN thread. Real shame as they are the first orthos I’ve found comfortable to use at shorter focal lengths - the eye guards are perfect for eye positioning - even the 6mm seems usable without too much strain.

27274881-5B3E-49A3-BAC2-AA0D76D1D8E4.jpeg

• Like 8

On 28/05/2021 at 13:24, Stardaze said:

I’ve been ‘inspired’ by @faulksycamera bag idea. Looks to be perfect, now that I’ve added two new recent EP’s. Really only thinking of a couple of filters now this year and possibly an APM UFF 30 to add.

Me too, a £20 bargain. Never felt quite right stuffing items into my pockets. Wide enough to carry a 10" tablet too.

PXL_20211024_122618642.jpg

PXL_20211023_152645859 (1).jpg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Highburymark said:

My planetary case (incorporating night vision and solar binoviewing) has had a couple of changes recently. TOE set completed with 4mm, but afraid the three Tak orthos (12.5, 9, 6mm) will be going back. The glass is filled with tiny internal dust(?) particles or bubbles - only visible under strong light. It’s not just me - several owners in the States reported the same problem in a CN thread. Real shame as they are the first orthos I’ve found comfortable to use at shorter focal lengths - the eye guards are perfect for eye positioning - even the 6mm seems usable without too much strain.

27274881-5B3E-49A3-BAC2-AA0D76D1D8E4.jpeg

Sorry to hear about the problems with the Tak Orthos, Mark. Sounds a nightmare. I hope your supplier is able to get the matter resolved for you quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

All those green and black ones put mine to shame, I have a 20mm SVBONY eyepiece in here now. 

20210822_172118.jpg

It’s not the eyepieces, or even the telescope, that make the observer, Paul. I know from your reports that those eyepieces have served you well :) 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Dean Hale said:

Me too, a £20 bargain. Never felt quite right stuffing items into my pockets. Wide enough to carry a 10" tablet too.

PXL_20211024_122618642.jpg

PXL_20211023_152645859 (1).jpg

I didn’t get the funky orange interior version as it was out of stock, so plain old grey for me, but, I love it. Nice and simple and so much easier to use ‘in the field’ or, in the garden like I’ve just been. 😀  Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bartman said:

Here are my eyepieces. Quite new to the observing game but I have enough to be getting on with. 

73CB1AE4-5EAF-49CC-88AC-1FD266ED898C.jpeg

That's an impressive set for someone who is new to observing! Congrats! Jealous of the Baader diagonal, I keep thinking of upgrading to one but not sure I can justify it at the moment 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, badhex said:

That's an impressive set for someone who is new to observing! Congrats! Jealous of the Baader diagonal, I keep thinking of upgrading to one but not sure I can justify it at the moment 🙂

Yes, I kinda got a bit carried away quite quickly but I’m hoping they’ll do me for many years as long as I don’t drop them. The clicklock diagonal will help prevent accidents, it’s quality 👌🏻

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bartman said:

Yes, I kinda got a bit carried away quite quickly but I’m hoping they’ll do me for many years as long as I don’t drop them. The clicklock diagonal will help prevent accidents, it’s quality 👌🏻

True, broadly speaking better quality EPs will keep you happy longer before you feel a need to upgrade. I have the clicklock on my 80ED focuser tube, it's a great piece of kit. The Baader nosepieces are also way better than undercuts. Good stuff!

• Like 1

One last addition to this case, looks pretty full now. Need to change the foam and get them seated better but they are quite snug when the lid is shut.

2.5mm TOE is the final addition, looking forward to giving it a go.

2E4454DE-4DD8-47F1-831E-2C43523021D8.jpeg

• Like 5

On 27/10/2021 at 16:46, Mr Spock said:

Running out of room - might have to have a cull :tongue2:

435939027_DSC_0118_DxO1200.jpg.d4d784a9c3f132f0cf9b0d1d519fc319.jpg

You couldn't part with anything in the first two rows, just too tasty.....:grin:

or the big fella at the start of the third row.  Maybe..............??

No, its a bigger case for sure.

With the exception of the 32mm, the bottom row can go. The NLVs were used in the C9.25 for planetary, and the TMB for doubles. The C9.25 is long gone, so maybe the eyepieces should go to?

I'd have room for something else then 😜 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Franklin said:

Just get a smaller extra special case for the orthoscopics and that will leave room in the main case for some more eyepieces? 😀

Hmm, I did that for a while but I now prefer to keep them all together in their pairs.  My observations of early this morning was done with Circle T Orthos's, because they were to hand I think.....:smiley:

The other case holds the single eyepieces.

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Hmm, I did that for a while but I now prefer to keep them all together in their pairs.  My observations of early this morning was done with Circle T Orthos's, because they were to hand I think.....:smiley:

IMG_2249.JPG

It makes me think I am seeing double 😉
Oh, I am, nice case full.
You must have more eyes than @Stu to need all that glass.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Saganite said:

My observations of early this morning was done with Circle T Orthos's, because they were to hand I think.....:smiley:

Yes I read you had a good night and your report on the Trapezium and the elusive Pup. Do you think your chances of resolving the Pup with the ED103 are bettered by binoviewing? It would make sense, I've only used my binos on luna and planetary so far and they definitely help in resolving finer detail IMO.

• Like 1