SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Yorkshire

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a while, thought I'd sign up and say hello. My name's Tom, I am serious but you can call me Shirley if you like.

I've had a telescope (skywatcher 150 dob) for about 7 years, it saw some use before I went to university to study physics, but I left it at home. (Naively thought there wouldn't be a great deal to see from the city.) It hadn't seen much use since, until January this year when I took it out under a nearly full moon to show my then lass the Orion neb and the Andromeda galaxy. Since then I must've been making up lost time because I've been out in the garden almost every clear night, and I've found my collection of astro bits and bobs has been growing at an alarming rate.

So I think it's about time I dropped by to say Hi :)

25 minutes ago, shirley_you_cant_be_sirius said:

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a while, thought I'd sign up and say hello. My name's Tom, I am serious but you can call me Shirley if you like.

I've had a telescope (skywatcher 150 dob) for about 7 years, it saw some use before I went to university to study physics, but I left it at home. (Naively thought there wouldn't be a great deal to see from the city.) It hadn't seen much use since, until January this year when I took it out under a nearly full moon to show my then lass the Orion neb and the Andromeda galaxy. Since then I must've been making up lost time because I've been out in the garden almost every clear night, and I've found my collection of astro bits and bobs has been growing at an alarming rate.

Yorkshire is a big place, we are WADAS, Wakefield area

Warm welcome indeed and quite an active forum apparently! Thanks everybody, I'm looking forward to spending a fair few cloudy nights here. (Not quite as much as I'm looking forward to some clear nights after this stretch of weather though!)

Peter Drew I shall have to make my way over one Saturday!

2STAR Fair point; I'm in Whitby, North Yorkshire. So I suppose our local astro societies share an acronym ?

5 hours ago, shirley_you_cant_be_sirius said:

Hi Tom,

Great name, and welcome to the forum. Like you, I've been lurking here for ages, but I decided to get stuck in a couple of days ago and I've already been helped by some great people and sorted out a problem that's been driving me nuts.

Very best wishes,

Barry

Archived