NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

42 minutes ago, Helen said:

Looking forward to a report on these - I really struggle to nail the collimation on my C11!

Helen

Hi Helen,

I’m definitely looking forward to giving it a go. Seemingly it’s the same principle used in GoldFocus system. 

I’d also like to use it with a focus aid like the built in Bahtinov aid in SharpCap but it’ll have to be by eye for the time being. 

I’ll post any results I get. 

Kirk

• Like 1

On 11/06/2018 at 11:43, JeremyS said:

Two nice padded bags.

Neewer 28" Padded Carrying Bag for the Tak FC76 DCU; amazing value at £12.99!

Neewer NW140S Waterproof Camera and Lens for the Tak FC76 DCU when split into two.

Thanks for posting this - I have been thinking about a bag to carry stuff to dark sites in and had not come across the Neewer stuff.  It looks like excellent value - have ordered myself a big bag :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cv01jw said:

I have a box in the car containing a new (to me) set of Williams Optics Binoviewers and a pair of Skywatcher LET 20mm eyepieces.  Cannot wait to get home tonight and have a go with them (weather permitting).  After reading a number of binoviewing threads on here, it seems that once you try them you cannot go back!  Although parts of me hope you can, otherwise it will be an expensive business buying a second set of eyepieces to match the ones I already have.

Also have a copy of the 21st Century Lunar Atlas on it's way to me along with a Telrad finder - I have given up trying to use the RDF which came with my Mak.  Maybe it is me being a noob, but I seem to spend far too long trying to align the scope (it is a goto) rather than actually observing anything.  I am hoping the Telrad will speed things up for me.

New goodies all attached, tetrad fitted and lined up on a distant TV aerial :)

72d6wm.jpg

Fitting the binoviewers with two chunky eyepieces has made me question the plastic diagonal which came with the scope; replacement ordered earlier this evening in the form of a Williams Optics erecting prism.  As well as being much better built, it will also make my life easier when following lunar maps at the scope.

Sat waiting for the sun to disappear now so I can try to get a view of Jupiter before I head off to bed.

• Like 6

The red colour is too toned-up in these photos (and in the Primaluce product photos). Colour to the eye is darker, closer to Shiraz wine (or dark red apple peel) than red pepper. 

Both my mounts have treble lock clamps on both their axis. 

I notice this clamp is not shown in @FLO site. FLO, should you wish to add it, the SKU is below. 

Just another dovetail bar to go.

IMG_20180613_123929.jpg

IMG_20180613_124124.jpg

IMG_20180613_124135.jpg

IMG_20180613_131621.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DAVIDC89 said:

ad these delivered the other day, Maybe can try some out tomorrow night.

Wow: full house! Well done David.

I like the short FL Fujiyamas (4 to 6 mm) for planetary viewing. They give stunning images and are excellent value for money.

I really liked the Fujiyama HD orthos that I've owned / used. The only exceptions were the 4mm and the 25mm. Nothing wrong with the qualitly of either but with the 4mm the eye lens and eye relief has got really tiny and, I found, hard to find and hold in the dark with my manually driven scopes and with the 25mm the eye relief means "hovering" eye off the top of the eyepiece which allows stray light to interfere with contrast and is not as relaxing as I'd like. The others though, I could happilly live with :thumbright:

Well my new Moravian G2-8300 MKII arrived lunchtime after waiting 3 months for it!

I'm still waiting for their New 8 position 50mm External Filter wheel and OAG which could be a couple of months yet ?

At least when we get a clear night I'll be able to test the camera.

I just need to rebuild my darks and biases library that will no doubt take a few days!

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

• Like 2

AAG cloudwatcher and Solo from Lunatico Astronomia :) The pole is on the wall already and just need to sit down and get it up...... currently getting the dual rig into the obs, so my time is taken!!! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Fantastic old school TV. Smoothie Nagler is a classic in box ?

Hi Richard @25585... the 13mm 'smoothie' Nagler I brought from you is awesome... Tnx. :thumbsup:

I managed to get a vinyl end cap for the eye end too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Hi Richard @25585... the 13mm 'smoothie' Nagler I brought from you is awesome... Tnx. :thumbsup:

I managed to get a vinyl end cap for the eye end too.

Hi Phillip glad you still have it! Great to know you are enjoying it. Older TV eps like the 13 and my 32mm Plossl did not get eye caps. I kept them in camera lens pouches or cases, still do. 

That 13 was my first 100x ep & was my first TV ep, fantastic for DSOs there is an 11mm smoothie Nagler on ebay, I think that was a classic too. 

I brought a TeleVue 13mm 'smoothie' Nagler from @25585 several months ago; then a TeleVue 13mm 'smoothie' Plossl from @mikeDnight a few months later. Makes for an interesting comparison companion.

PIC042.JPG.JPG.96c55405bed40f5374849d7079d22e0a.JPG

top... 13mm Nagler. bottom... 13mm Plossl.

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 3

Kept postie busy over the last few days...

32mm plossl from @DRT, altair premium diagonal, 1.25" filter wheel, light blue & yellow planetary filters, DGM NPB and Astronomik OIII.

Oh and one duff Baader prism diagonal which is already on it's way back to the vendor :(

20180614_172344.jpg

• Like 2