SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

2 hours ago, DRT said:

This arrived about an hour ago from Teleskop Service via DPD...

Congrats on your purchase, Derek!

I have the mirror version, and love it! I'm very curious to read how you find the prism. :) 

Edited by Piero

12 minutes ago, Piero said:

Congrats on your purchase, Derek!

I have the mirror version, and love it! I'm very curious to read how you find the prism. :) 

Thanks. I am curious too, which is the main reason I bought it. Unfortunately, in addition to the ubiquitous bag of jelly sweets there was a week's worth of clouds in the box so I'm not sure when I will be pointing it at the sky ☁️?️?️☁️

Edited by DRT
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Here's one of those impulse buys that's been a long time coming...

DSC_1723.thumb.JPG.a6f383987868ceeee1c59e860db8ff6f.JPG

iPeace_smile.gif.4d02ff0d3afaa6346766387e22db8898.gif

Lovely Mike.

I had an impulse sale of one of these, why, I don't know.

They are very good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Lovely Mike. This gives me brutally sharp views of the Moon at 185x - and is my most used eyepiece for Luna 

That's great to know - I am currently on a Tele Vue holiday and have decided that when I get back in I am going for a set of DeLites ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DRT said:

That's great to know - I am currently on a Tele Vue holiday and have decided that when I get back in I am going for a set of DeLites ?

Can't fault them Derek, unless you need a wider fov. This was something I wondered about, particularly as I also have the 3mm Delite (and only a manual mount), but it hasn't been an issue. 

• Like 2

This little 'bad boy'... a 1.25" 7-21mm zoom e/p, (including bolt-bottle).

PIC040.JPG.c540c892498ad1b5e850bed6a457d246.JPG

Feels nice & smooth when changing focal lengths and looks perfect for grab'n'go sessions too. :thumbsup:

edit: received a 40mm rubber end cap for it yesterday [13.06.2018], via http://www.nipon-scope.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=47&zenid=8ec0496fc7a004d85a0105a4367add44 as it did not include one.

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, iPeace said:

DSC_1734.thumb.JPG.335212366d28c81f34654f0dc2b44d42.JPG

Wow. I think I should have done this long ago. :happy11:

We toldja so! ?

I find the 10 and 7 are best of short FL eps. Vixen did not cover between 8 & 13 in their range, maybe thd 10's excellence us why....

The 5mm Vixen LVW is my preference for that FL, also slightly narrower for bino. LVW 8mm & XW 7mm very close.

• Like 2

DSC_1737.thumb.JPG.49389afc6e16693fb382b01f73560ba5.JPG

The unstoppable onwards march of the United Front For Japanese Eye Relief continues...

This mint specimen arrived in perfect condition, something that simply could not and would not have happened without the most considerate and selfless support of @Saganite

A true gent if there ever was one.

My grateful thanks and appreciation are for Steve. :happy11:

Edited by iPeace
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, iPeace said:

arrived in perfect condition, something that simply could not and would not have happened without the most considerate and selfless support of @Saganite

A true gent if there ever was one.

Hear, hear!

This immaculate Moonlite specimen arrived very recently from exactly the same source...

572221146_ScreenShot2018-06-04at15_40_34.png.4de8047f58382f1450276eec0d46ed53.png

:icon_cool:

• Like 3

You are very kind, gentleman.

Just the slightest twinge of sadness when I saw your scope Derek, but it was all in a good cause, to buy the Tak. The lovely Celestron ED102 goes to a very good home on Saturday.

I still have my soul and both kidneys intact atleast.:grin:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Just the slightest tinge of sadness when I saw your scope Derek, but it was all in a good cause, to buy the Tak.

I think that's a justifiable sacrifice, Steve :smile: 

And fear not - you know me - the Moonlite will end up back on the for sale boards one day :rolleyes2: :lol: 

Edited by DRT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saganite said:

You wait until you look through it !!  :shocked:

Yep, it's not half bad for a "spotting scope " eyepiece..just imagine if they would design a "bespoke" wide angle strong eyepiece! Sadly, they seem to be more likely to pull out of the rather small astro market ?..

Dave

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Saganite said:

You are very kind, gentleman.

Just the slightest tinge of sadness when I saw your scope Derek, but it was all in a good cause, to buy the Tak. The lovely Celestron ED102 goes to a very good home on Saturday.

I still have my soul and both kidneys intact atleast.:grin:

..but what about your heart, Steve????? - only joking!!

Have you posted about your Tak yet? Am overseas at the moment so haven't had much browsing time for a good few days..is it all you hoped??

Dave