Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Just dropped off a few mins ago...

image.png.4b7962a1059e71f59350e7151287904e.png

a classic aus Jena Sonnar 180mm/F2.8 lens with Pentacon six to M42 adaptor. A tad dusty and I'll need to service the focus and aperture but considering this dates from around 1964 its not in bad shape at all 🙂

image.png.021a27a17dc5b5de4e54785c37e92e77.png

image.png.cbee34121652e0145c154ac512922006.png

• Like 11

This morning's little haul. A 4mm circle-T ortho ( I didn't know they did that one, and maybe a bit too powerful ). And a supposedly 'commercial' auto-focuser for my 127Mak. To be honest it seems a bit Heath-Robinson, using a modded RC servo, but I like the idea of the clamp. I've not had much joy bashing 2mm aluminium sheet to follow the curve of the scope back (it isn't flat!), and this clamp seems a much better idea.

David

1608378479055162868529.jpg

Edited by MrFreeze
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, wulfrun said:

Postie dropped a FLO parcel on my doorstep (pretty much literally, he's halfway down the drive when I get to the door). A nice book that I've been waiting to come back into stock - the famous "Turn Left". That's been salted away now since it's a Christmas prezzie.

Got this last Christmas, along with my little Mak... really good book both to get started and also plenty of targets to work through during the year 👍

Well having got astigmatism sorted, field curvature (mostly) under control, I thought it's now time to tackle coma, so here's the very thing to slay this final aberration apparently... a Tele Vue Paracorr Type 2 😃

I'm hoping not to run into "in focus" issues with it, but have some options if I do 🤞

I do love my new Bresser 10" dob, but I now seem to spent more for add-ons for it than the telescope itself... wasn't it ever thus 🤣

TeleVue_Paracorr_Type2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Well having got astigmatism sorted, field curvature (mostly) under control, I thought it's now time to tackle coma, so here's the very thing to slay this final aberration apparently... a Tele Vue Paracorr Type 2 😃

I'm hoping not to run into "in focus" issues with it, but have some options if I do 🤞

I do love my new Bresser 10" dob, but I now seem to spent more for add-ons for it than the telescope itself... wasn't it ever thus 🤣

TeleVue_Paracorr_Type2.jpg

Do you have to take off the orange cap to put the seed in? Nicest looking pheasant feeder I’ve ever seen though 😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

Do you have to take off the orange cap to put the seed in? Nicest looking pheasant feeder I’ve ever seen though 😉

Actually I could literally give that a go, there are 1500+ pheasants right behind us in the woods... although I strongly suspect they won't be all there come Feb 😬🙁

I think this one is for Parrots though 🤣

3 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Actually I could literally give that a go, there are 1500+ pheasants right behind us in the woods... although I strongly suspect they won't be all there come Feb

Correction... 1470 😬

Edited by HollyHound
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, johninderby said:

Nothing astro today although the purchase did involve sacrificing a scope. Imported from W Yorks. 😁

902EFC31-4D0C-473C-807F-E23BE35B70B4.jpeg

It has potential as an observing chair! Lots of adjustability in seat height, you could replace the panel with the hand controller, and keep warm and power the goto via the pedals. Is there a bottle holder for the single malt?

• Haha 4

On 19/12/2020 at 11:41, wulfrun said:

Also a camera adapter, not that I'm even thinking of the rabbit-hole of AP but the intrigue to see if I can get snapshots of bright things like the Moon.

Best smile of my day so far! Trouble is that rabbit-hole just gets bigger and bigger.......... 

31 minutes ago, Len1257 said:

Best smile of my day so far! Trouble is that rabbit-hole just gets bigger and bigger.......... 

Not under any illusions of the capability needed versus what I will have. IF I decided to go that way, I'm well aware of the sort of gear and £££ that's needed. Just based on where I'm located, I think would be pouring money down the drain for little reward. We'll see! I'm too near the "total novice" end of the scale to even consider AP anyway.

I received my SharpStar 94 today, a replacement for the ED80. It’s very similar focal length, 517mm, F5.5.  It’s clear tonight so hopefully can start a thread on it later.  The 0.8x reducer should have been here but alas it wasn’t in stock (despite being listed as several in stock) so fingers crossed it arrives before Xmas  

4D1D984B-B9BB-472E-AAC2-4A403AB2017C.jpeg

9783F597-B127-475F-B23C-CF41B4B02A20.jpeg

FA912954-351E-4874-80FE-3DAE3CB2C48D.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

For my 12" dob... A new 16mm Nirvana EP, an Aero ED 35mm EP and the dob mirror itself back from OOUK having been recoated.  Nothing better than brand new Hilux 😍.

Refurb of this 20yr old David Lukehurst dob is almost complete!

Forgot to take pics of the EPs 🙄

20201221_192517.jpg

20201221_194513.jpg

20201221_195548.jpg

• Like 8

I don't have any pictures because both are still in the box but I have just taken delivery of a new ZWO ASI 183MC ZWO and a EQM -35 Pro mount. EQM 

I am slowly getting into EEVA but I have realised my existing stuff is at it's limit, then I got an unexpected cash windfall so Mrs Bomberbaz got her treat, this was mine 👍

• Like 3