Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

After working from home since March,  doing endless zoom meetings;   it was great to get a zoom I can actually look forward to! The more impressive looking eyepieces behind are just thermos travel/camping cups BTW. 

20201229_213037.jpg

Edited by Jason B
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Hi all, as if Santa didn't bring enough, lol. New case for my white light/Ca-K scope. Big brother to my Lunt 60mm DS.

IMG_20201230_140511.jpg

IMG_20201230_140517.jpg

IMG_20201230_140528.jpg

IMG_20201230_140815.jpg

IMG_20201230_143719.jpg

IMG_20201230_144339.jpg

IMG_20201230_144354.jpg

Good cases those. My Altair lives in one. Good firm bottom layer of foam. 

• Like 1

day of the triffids here after the post dropped in
image.png.7c26356938cd7b6c8a326df7ca6ed4cf.png

A couple vintage Velbon tripods (VS-3 and lightweight HE-3), tho I have swapped the head off the lightweight one for a Manfrotto ball since it was missing the pan handle so not usable as was. Added the 323 plate also so it'll be quick and easy to clip the camera/big telephoto etc onto it.

• Like 8

On 29/12/2020 at 20:48, Dantooine said:

Well it’s better than what the yanks name for this bag is 😁

remember in the 70'swhen my dad edited a camping magazine, being given a "[sounds like Nanny] pack" made by the rucksac manufacturer "camptrails" from America, And as an 11 year old rolling with laughter at the name, !!!!

Edited by tonylumley
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Spock said:

Arrived today :smile:

1018849006_D72_8375_DxOR.jpg.2145d666903e952b34e8fc9fd7727cdf.jpg

That, for me, is the sweet spot of the Circle T volcano tops..good eye relief (for an Ortho!) and Barlow's well down to a high power 5 or 6mm ep with better eye relief than a native 5 or 6mm could deliver 👍.

Dave

1 minute ago, F15Rules said:

Nice Aero 30mm 68 degree wide angle ep.

Will team up nicely with my Nagler T2 12mm and Morpheus 17.5mm to give a trio covering a good range of focal lengths, and with my Baader zoom 2.25x Barlow, a high power option too..

Dave

Will come in very handy Dave

😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Nice Aero 30mm 68 degree wide angle ep.

Will team up nicely with my Nagler T2 12mm and Morpheus 17.5mm to give a trio covering a good range of focal lengths, and with my Baader zoom 2.25x Barlow, a high power option too..

Dave

IMG_20201231_140155079.jpg

IMG_20201231_140325275.jpg

These seem to be gathering in popularity. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, johninderby said:

Explore Scientific 82° 4.7mm eyepiece for the dob. From a not so grumpy Martian. 😁

86D5911B-4229-4562-BF90-C0FAB52BB704.jpeg

I had one of these. Very good indeed. Big problem is I’m pretty sure this is the eyepiece that led me on the path to my 4.7E so good luck 😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

I had one of these. Very good indeed. Big problem is I’m pretty sure this is the eyepiece that led me on the path to my 4.7E so good luck 😉 

Was looking for a Nirvana 4mm but that looks like being oit of stock until the spring so this was only a bit more than the Nirvana would have been and a better eyepiece.. 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Will come in very handy Dave

😂

Yes Jeremy, I've got to hand it to you, you are very handy with your hands on approach to handling multiple eyepieces..I think they make a handsome trio...so hands off!!😛😂

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A second-hand Philips SPC900NC webcam for use with the polarscope on my EQ3 pro, to stop all the grovelling in the dirt polar aligning. As converted in the Youtube video. Hopefully removing the focusing ring will go smoothly. From some of the video comments it seems they sometimes break rather than come away cleanly.🙄

David

16094443722831998751865.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, MrFreeze said:

A second-hand Philips SPC900NC webcam for use with the polarscope on my EQ3 pro, to stop all the grovelling in the dirt polar aligning. As converted in the Youtube video. Hopefully removing the focusing ring will go smoothly. From some of the video comments it seems they sometimes break rather than come away cleanly.🙄

David

ahh that's a neat idea, hadn't thought of that one. Not really had a proper play with mine yet with the skies the way they have been but now I have the DSLR I might switch this back for the polar scope, thanks for that! Oh and yeah I think one of the tangs did snap on mine, they're pretty old after all.

2 hours ago, Dantooine said:

Oh dear, I’ve just bought one today too, curious to try an ES eyepiece (having been impressed by their focal extenders) and now having a dob, interested to see if 82 degrees is any more useful that 70 of the XWs 🤔

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

Was looking for a Nirvana 4mm but that looks like being oit of stock until the spring so this was only a bit more than the Nirvana would have been and a better eyepiece..

I had the set of Nirvanas earlier this year, but sold them on here in the summer... great eyepieces, but at the time I didn’t need the 82 degree FoV. Now, with the dob I’m seeing if the slightly wider FoV is indeed useful...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Oh dear, I’ve just bought one today too, curious to try an ES eyepiece (having been impressed by their focal extenders) and now having a dob, interested to see if 82 degrees is any more useful that 70 of the XWs 🤔

I had the set of Nirvanas earlier this year, but sold them on here in the summer... great eyepieces, but at the time I didn’t need the 82 degree FoV. Now, with the dob I’m seeing if the slightly wider FoV is indeed useful...

Tried a 5mm XW in the dob but really missed the wider fov. 🙂

• Like 1