Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

The rails come with just a cable tie in the end holes so not really.  I shall put a protruding screw in each end to prevent the block sliding off when I build the printer.

• Like 1

Post person been and delivered my curiosity item for this month.
Having read about torches and headlights on recent posts, one person mentioned these as super dim.

IMG_3664.thumb.JPG.3eb0d5c0d554232dec313604633bee6d.JPG

The quality is much better than the Celestron / Skywatcher offerings and all sealed with o rings etc.
Very nice indeed.
But in defence of the others at about £10, the cost has a big part in this as its £25.
Bought via 365Astronomy as my favoured supplier FLO does not list these.

I will do a short comparison with the Celestron offering and post it up soon.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gina said:

Yes, they are suspiciously cheap but if they last a couple of years they won't cost much to replace.

I discovered the easy way to install these is to put M3x8mm bolts through 4 of the holes with proper t-nuts attached (not square nuts). You can then just align the nuts and push it onto the V-slot. Turning the M3 bolts will then turn and tighten up the nuts.

• Like 1

A 14MP microscope camera with 0.5x reducer for microscope use and a 1.25” nosepiece for astro use. Should be OK for lunar imaging. Uses a micro SD  card for image capture and has a remote. Resolution is much higher for images captured to the card than with the hdmi output.

18C7153A-2C0F-4644-B31B-30C4BBF8DF0B.jpeg

E296A369-1EB5-4C8D-8A0B-49188D9D9BE8.jpeg

5DD1F9E8-7F46-478D-924C-A6F63B851AF3.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

An EQ6R Pro, ordered from IAS, I requested for the delivery date to be today....and was very pleased when it turned up as promised.

It's a bit of a beast when its next to my HEQ5, thought that was big 😂😂

20191122_163136.jpg

20191122_163151.jpg

• Like 11

Circuit boards for the home build dew controller (Rob Brown's). Excellent service from JLCPCB, less than excellent service from DHL. Still, they found their way to my work after a few days of suspense... Really looking forward to getting on and soldering it all up :)

IMG_20191128_065815.jpg

Edited by arrayschism
Typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

his is my first "decent" camera tripod. Manfrotto are currently offering £50 cashback if bought from an authorized dealer.

Thanks for the heads up on this Manfrotto offer. I just went to the Wex website and they have a Black Friday deal with 25% on the 055. It also seems to say you get get the £50 cashback on top! This seems amazing if true!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Thanks for the heads up on this Manfrotto offer. I just went to the Wex website and they have a Black Friday deal with 25% on the 055. It also seems to say you get get the £50 cashback on top! This seems amazing if true!

I just placed an order with Wex after seeing this! 25% off a MT055XPRO3 (tripod only) which is usually £150 for the sweet price of £62 after the £50 cashback?! Thankyou!!!

Edited by robbymain
Removed some exclamation marks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Astroscot2 said:

David, did you get your 6d modified or purchased ready modified?

I bought it from Juan already modified. So far I am very impressed. Stars are nice and tight and it is far less noisy than a 600D which I used to have. He also offers a modification service where you just send him your own camera and he removes the filter.

https://m.cheapastrophotography.com/

On 29/11/2019 at 11:20, JeremyS said:

That is brilliant. Thanks for noting this, exactly what I am after!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Carry/storage bag for Berlebach Planet tripod.

IMG_8498.JPG.4ba299b63ae0a36683c499313d3f8a0f.JPGIMG_8499.JPG.b0b4fd46cbb51a9c610bc30aa32f7e57.JPG

Coincidentally this arrived yesterday, rather excitingly a Berlebach Planet to use with a future AZ100. I'll try the test unit out on it next chance I get, should be a useful stability improvement even over the Uni 28.

Can't be opened until my birthday tomorrow! 😁😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Coincidentally this arrived yesterday, rather excitingly a Berlebach Planet to use with a future AZ100. I'll try the test unit out on it next chance I get, should be a useful stability improvement even over the Uni 28.

Can't be opened until my birthday tomorrow! 😁😁

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Stu 🎂

• Thanks 1