SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

So yesterday I was awaiting a delivery (from FLO as it happens) by DPD. I was given my 1 hour delivery slot by DPD. I tracked the driver using the DPD online tool. I could wee him getting closer and  counted down the numbers until I was next. I saw the van coming - and I saw it passing without stopping!!!! Or even slowing!!! At the same moment I got a"sorry you weren't in" email from DPD - plus a nice pic the driver had taken which is about 30 years up the road where there are no houses! Never mind, DPD told me, we will be back tomorrow. Problem is I've been out today, so I need to wait until tomorrow.

GRRRRR.....

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

So yesterday I was awaiting a delivery (from FLO as it happens) by DPD. I was given my 1 hour delivery slot by DPD. I tracked the driver using the DPD online tool. I could wee him getting closer and  counted down the numbers until I was next. I saw the van coming - and I saw it passing without stopping!!!! Or even slowing!!! At the same moment I got a"sorry you weren't in" email from DPD - plus a nice pic the driver had taken which is about 30 years up the road where there are no houses! Never mind, DPD told me, we will be back tomorrow. Problem is I've been out today, so I need to wait until tomorrow.

GRRRRR.....

Clearly a space time warp if he was 30 years up the road. 😉😱

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 3

You should have called the depot and they would have ordered the driver to come back right away with your package. 

Had the same thing happen to me once so called up the DPD depot and the driver showed up half an hour later. Never saw that driver again.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JeremyS said:

GRRRRR.....

This really annoys me.  There's no other way to interpret this behaviour other than that blatant lying has become common and accepted business practice.

James

• Sad 2

Had a couple of batteries for one of my two Nikon DSLR's delivered via DPD on Monday this week. Had a text on Sunday to say they would be delivered from 11:30 onwards on Monday. At 09:58 on Monday they were delivered. :thumbsup: 

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alan White said:

I always get this behaviour with Parcel Force and DHL.
Either not in, when I am and waiting or
we cannot find your house, odd my house is 130+ years old and not moved in that time,
unlike Jeremy's that's 30 years up the road 😉

We get it quite a bit too, despite the fact that there are generally four adults at home and for the last six months there have also been builders working on the barn adjacent to the house.  The amount of time when there is genuinely no-one at home is quite possibly less than ten hours per year.

James

James,

You are not alone same over here "message you where not in left parcel on doorstep" the other half was in and could not be bothered to ring the doorbell lazy people, Also parcel's left ontop of the postbox anyone could walk past and away with it. I have complained to the rain forest about this as well... Now the post woman will ring the bell she is great the problem is with the 3rd party delivery drivers on a mission to get home PDQ.... (there is always tomorrow to redelivery it) shame on you......

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

A little packet of upgraded nylon-tipped M4 grubscrews to replace the OEM Skywatcher secondary-holder-chewing ones. Oh, and the buy nine get a free gift box from FLO too...

IMG_6225.thumb.jpg.a123b34bff6b0204b39fd6f603794cd4.jpg

IMG_6220.thumb.jpg.db7858b500af742abd9a968cffaf476f.jpg

It's got to go back there is an error here "May contain Snow" nobody said anything about that Clouds ok but Snow a big NO NO...…...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

A little packet of upgraded nylon-tipped M4 grubscrews to replace the OEM Skywatcher secondary-holder-chewing ones. Oh, and the buy nine get a free gift box from FLO too...

IMG_6225.thumb.jpg.a123b34bff6b0204b39fd6f603794cd4.jpg

IMG_6220.thumb.jpg.db7858b500af742abd9a968cffaf476f.jpg

did you buy direct from Accu as want to change mine on my 150pds?

Edited by fozzybear
  • Like 1

I have every sympathy with people getting what we perceive as bad delivery drivers, I have had them too from Amazon logistics and the dreaded Yodel, but it is not laziness I would say, but the horrendous long hours and the pressure some of them have to put up with. Never mind the poor pay and support and things beyond their control slowing them down, like traffic. They often do not get paid an hourly rate it seems, but paid by the number of deliveries, which they have to complete, to get paid a half decent wage. I try, ( often fail, I admit, ) to try to consider their predicament, to be patient, but is hard. if you want to blame anyone, blame their management, some of whom couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery!

No, I am not a delivery driver, but may I humbly suggest we all consider:

0bc6aad64d05f0538aa7094a9aa90506.jpg

Especially at this time of year? :smiley:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've had a couple of nice boxes from Wex in the last week.  A nice small but robust manfrotto tripod  (for travelling) and a new zoom camera lens (early Christmas present) both from black friday/cyber Monday deals.  The poor Parcel Force driver delivered th first at around 10pm - he said he'd been on the road since 9am and had done 170 deliveries.  For the second one it was only  7pm, but he had 50 left to go.  Crazy!  

Helen

• Like 1

ParcelForce always delivers dead on 7:00am here which is actually a bit annoying as it means I have to be up before 7:00am on a ParcelForce delivery day. I suppose he has to start his delivery route somewhere. 🤔

Knew someone who used to be a ParcelForce driver but gave it up as they kept increasing his number of deliveries and he would be working later and later for no extra pay.

Edited by johninderby

Lucky you John, I'm out of the door by 7am most days!

A nice set of spiked feet for the Berlebach Planet arrived for me today, along with a couple of little bits from Rowan for me to try on the AZ100.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JeremyS said:

GRRRRR.....

So, DPD is supposed to deliver between 12.14 and 13.14 today (I assume they mean 2019, not 1989 🙂 ). I am delivery number 41 (was number 74 two days ago)

I'm not holding my breath, but will be tracking the driver.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

So, DPD is supposed to deliver between 12.14 and 13.14 today (I assume they mean 2019, not 1989 🙂 ). I am delivery number 41 (was number 74 two days ago)

I'm not holding my breath, but will be tracking the driver.

Stand in the middle of the road with a placard.  Given you record you should have a DPD gold card to go with your frequent flyer cards.

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, johninderby said:

ParcelForce always delivers dead on 7:00am here which is actually a bit annoying as it means I have to be up before 7:00am on a ParcelForce delivery day. I suppose he has to start his delivery route somewhere. 🤔

Knew someone who used to be a ParcelForce driver but gave it up as they kept increasing his number of deliveries and he would be working later and later for no extra pay.

I'm not happy with another branch of Royal Mail. I got a visa issued last week. My passport was sent back to me from London on Tuesday  on a "Next day by 1 pm" guaranteed special delivery. It arrived just before lunch on Saturday. I needed it to travel on Monday AM. No explanation, no apology.

It took 2 days to get from the London sorting centre to the Warrington distribution centre and two days to get from Warrington to my part of Cheshire! I think I could have walked from London to Cheshire more quickly.

• Like 1