Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Looking exciting Dave 😎

That reminds me of when my first telescope arrived at home in what my brother described as a wardrobe!!  It was 8inch f6 scope and a chunky manual equatorial mount with hardwood legs - all in the same box!!  It was pre-internet and I'd bought it from Scotland from a picture without having any idea of how big and heavy it was).  The only person in our house to help the delivery man get the crate in was my Dad - but he was in his dressing gown and slippers having just been released from hospital from a hernia operation :shocked:  Thankfully our village is friendly and a passer-by helped instead 🙂  (My biggest challenge was then to find somewhere to store the equipment in a two bedroom terrace....)

Have fun unpacking and commissioning 😄 

Helen

• Like 2

No big boxes full of scopes like the good folks above, but this small beauty arrived today for a bargain price. Cocoon and Horsehead Nebulae are top of the list (er, once the mile-thick rain cloud disperses...probably looking at next moon phase already). 

IMG_20191102_091311178_2-2.jpg

Edited by Ships and Stars
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 02/11/2019 at 09:27, Ships and Stars said:

No big boxes full of scopes like the good folks above, but this small beauty arrived today for a bargain price. Cocoon and Horsehead Nebulae are top of the list (er, once the mile-thick rain cloud disperses...probably looking at next moon phase already). 

IMG_20191102_091311178_2-2.jpg

Ah- so it was you haha 😂 congrats! I can’t be too dissappointed though- picked up a bargain oiii 1.25” myself the same day (if I’m right 😉) which I’ll actually be able to use- can’t wait for first look at the veil should the clouds play nice  👍

• Thanks 1

On 31/10/2019 at 15:51, John Nodding said:

Spacecat & CEM 40

John,

I don't know how much of a threat it is and not sure if these Forum pictures are available through the general internet but I would remove your address labels before taking these pictures in future just to be sure. Your name and address can easily be seen just by zooming in on the photo.

Untitled.jpg.397a2fbd04522a00cc261ad4419b178c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markse68 said:

Ah- so it was you haha 😂 congrats! I can’t be too dissappointed though- picked up a bargain oiii 1.25” myself the same day (if I’m right 😉) which I’ll actually be able to use- can’t wait for first look at the veil should the clouds play nice  👍

Haha, figured it was someone on here. Thank you very much! Can't wait to use it. The OIII is my fav all-around filter, the Veil is wonderful!! Hope you get to see it. We might have some clear skies here tomorrow night for a bit. I'll believe it when I see it! Thanks again! 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

John,

I don't know how much of a threat it is and not sure if these Forum pictures are available through the general internet but I would remove your address labels before taking these pictures in future just to be sure. Your name and address can easily be seen just by zooming in on the photo.

Untitled.jpg.397a2fbd04522a00cc261ad4419b178c.jpg

Very well said. The forum contents can be seen by anyone so the photo should have the address covered up. @John NoddingI would recommend that you edit your original photo and remove your personal details. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ships and Stars said:

Haha, figured it was someone on here. Thank you very much! Can't wait to use it. The OIII is my fav all-around filter, the Veil is wonderful!! Hope you get to see it. We might have some clear skies here tomorrow night for a bit. I'll believe it when I see it! Thanks again! 👍

No don’t thank me- I was bidding against you (I think) 😬 Glad it went to a good home though 😉

Mark

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, markse68 said:

No don’t thank me- I was bidding against you (I think) 😬 Glad it went to a good home though 😉

Mark

Ah right, in that case sorry! Yep that was me. I go in there with about ten seconds left and throw in my top bid and hope it sticks. I was pretty keen on the filter though, don't think many astronomik filters come up that often. I'd put a wanted advert our in several places and no replies. I'd be curious sometime to do a comparison test between cheap Hb and OIIIs Vs Lumicon/Astronomik. Their 2" filters are eye-wateringly expensive! The OIII is a good one, it enhances lots of objects, esp the Veil. 

• Like 1