SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

8 minutes ago, Alan White said:

All very nice Piero, I really like the Baader clicklock.
I have a 2" to 1 1/4 clicklock and will buy the one for my ED80 soon.

Thank you Alan! :) 

mm.. I have this visual back clicklock, the Baader BBHS clicklock, the Baader Herschel wedge clicklock, and the Baader 1.25" clicklock coming with the Zeiss barlow... :rolleyes2: 

They are very effective! :D 

Edited by Piero
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Piero said:

Thank you Alan! :) 

mm.. I have this visual back clicklock, the Baader BBHS clicklock, the Baader Herschel wedge clicklock, and the Baader 1.25" clicklock coming with the Zeiss barlow... :unsure: 

They are very effective! :D 

Great products and make life easy, I find they don't snag on my TeleVue undercuts.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Saganite said:

This beauty arrived this morning amazingly, as it was ordered just yesterday afternoon from Telescope House. Along with the MRG 7mm from Stu, this now completes my high power bino pairs. :hello2:

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

13mm is a good fl for bino viewers. I have a pair of 13mm LVW Vixen eps.

On 1/19/2018 at 14:12, 25585 said:

13mm is a good fl for bino viewers. I have a pair of 13mm LVW Vixen eps.

I agree, and certainly the attraction for me is that I can see the whole moon at X 147 in my 5" refractor. The Vixens are superb though and if a pair of them would fit my IPD then that is the route I would have taken, just on cost, but luckily, Panoptic, and Nagler T6 units are petit and very powerful and do just what I want.  It is true of course that I could get away with much less expensive glass at F15, but I could not do without my 12" Orion dob, and that is much fussier on eyepieces. :happy11:

Edited by Saganite

Received a like new pair of William Optics Binoviewers with stock 20mm eyepieces and 2x OCA. Also received a pair of the standard Skywatcher 25mm EPs as well.

Very pleased with them, just need some moon action now.

20180119_130727.jpg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Saganite said:

I agree, and certainly the attraction for me is that I can see the while moon at X 147 in my 5" refractor. The Vixens are superb though and if a pair of them would fit my IPD then that is the route I would have taken, just on cost, but luckily, Panoptic, and Nagler T6 units are petit and very powerful and do just what I want.  It is true of course that I could get away with much less expensive glass at F15, but I could not do without my 12" Orion dob, and that is much fussier on eyepieces. :happy11:

LVWs are just small enough. I have a pair of 20mm LVs which have less FOV, but so far not needed.

15 minutes ago, Saganite said:

You will love the Moon through those Ade especially with the 20 mm eyepieces. I used those for two or three years, and they are excellent.:happy11:

I hope so Steve, I turned them on the sun earlier with my WO ZS66 and Lunt Wedge, but AR2696 seems to have fizzled out, not that it was very impressive to start with.

Oddly they won't reach focus with the supplied WO 2x nosepiece but they do reach focus with my TAL 2x shorty Barlow, either with the Barlow fully assembled or with the optical elements attached to the binoviewer nosepiece, I clearly have some more research to do.

Ade

On 19/01/2018 at 14:50, AdeKing said:

I hope so Steve, I turned them on the sun earlier with my WO ZS66 and Lunt Wedge, but AR2696 seems to have fizzled out, not that it was very impressive to start with.

Oddly they won't reach focus with the supplied WO 2x nosepiece but they do reach focus with my TAL 2x shorty Barlow, either with the Barlow fully assembled or with the optical elements attached to the binoviewer nosepiece, I clearly have some more research to do.

Ade

Binoviewers are funny old things sometimes to focus. A lot depends on the scope you use. But a bit of playing around usually get results, different Barlow did the job in mine to reach focus through the diagonal. Had me a bit worried at first though, I thought £££. But a good old Televue Barlow solved the problem.

The messing about to get focus should well be worth it IMO. When in the refractor the first views of the moon were just brilliant, like floating above the lunar surface.

23 minutes ago, astro_al said:

New binoviewers! Looking forward to trying them out  

image.jpg

ZEISS. very nice too ?  I bet those were a pretty penny.  Lots of overtime for me if I wanted some of those 

But very nice enjoy☺

Edited by Timebandit
  • Like 2

On 19/01/2018 at 13:29, Saganite said:

This beauty arrived this morning amazingly, as it was ordered just yesterday afternoon from Telescope House. Along with the MRG 7mm from Stu, this now completes my high power bino pairs. :hello2:

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

Very nice Steve. Love my T6 11mm - can imagine your 13s will be fantastic in a binoviewer. Will look out for your report.

Cheers Mark,

These are primarily for use with Andromeda (5" F15) as they will frame the  Moon comfortably at 146X in the binoviewer, as well as offering 205x and 366x for closer inspection, when conditions permit :grin:

These T6 Naglers are the first I have used and I am delighted.

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1

Another couple of fairly recent deliveries, the first a Manfrotto 028b delivered before Christmas courtesy of @Earl.

I use this as a grab and go for my ST102 or ZS66 with a Manfrotto 410 geared head. The tripod is huge and stands at 1.80m with both leg sections extended and about 2.30m with the centre column extended, not that this height will be used with an Astro payload. 

The second is a new to me Berlebach Uni 18 with my SkyTee 2 attached following a meeting with @Mark at Beaufort at a nice pub near Bath a couple of weeks ago.

It actually came complete with a different SkyTee 2 attached which I need to get around to advertising as I don't need two of them.

Looking forward to getting some use out of the SkyTee in the not too distant future.

Ade

20180117_104948.jpg

20180117_105123.jpg

20180117_122349.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/01/2018 at 14:27, AdeKing said:

Received a like new pair of William Optics Binoviewers with stock 20mm eyepieces and 2x OCA. Also received a pair of the standard Skywatcher 25mm EPs as well.

Very pleased with them, just need some moon action now.

20180119_130727.jpg

Nice to see you finally got them. You will be amazed I promise!

• Like 2

On 22/01/2018 at 20:37, Timebandit said:

Binoviewers are funny old things sometimes to focus. A lot depends on the scope you use. But a bit of playing around usually get results, different Barlow did the job in mine to reach focus through the diagonal. Had me a bit worried at first though, I thought £££. But a good old Televue Barlow solved the problem.

The messing about to get focus should well be worth it IMO. When in the refractor the first views of the moon were just brilliant, like floating above the lunar surface.

ZEISS. very nice too ?  I bet those were a pretty penny.  Lots of overtime for me if I wanted some of those 

But very nice enjoy☺

If they are the Bulgarian ones from ABS they weren't too bad (for Zeiss!)

1 minute ago, AdeKing said:

I hope so Steve, I'm just waiting for a suitable gap in the clouds to see the moon.

Ade

Don't hold your breath! Enjoy it when it arrives though! I think everyone on here is waiting for a break in the clouds though Ade.

• Like 1

I just got this tripod which I will use with the SW AZ GTI mount 

614Xsxr6c4L._SL1200_.thumb.jpg.115d2e23fc7f3980d06e52338652334e.jpg

It does go lower with the legs splayed out, about 12 cm tall I think which will be perfect for a DSLR/lens combo.

Alan

Edited by Alien 13
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, astro_al said:

Yes, they are the same ones. The plan to wait for the Maxbright MK IIs went out of the window ?

I was looking at the same ad(s) on ABS - will be interested to hear how they perform. Also interested to see what the new Baader Maxbrights will be like - expected to be announced in the next few months

On my doormat this morning ............. a Baader Ultra Short Canon EOS T-Ring......... and it has sorted out my 'back focus issue'....... so thanks very much FLO -  quick, efficient and just what I needed.

George - currently under too much moonlight in Lowestoft (having said that, its preferable to the unrelenting rain we've currently been enjoying)

Today my final Vixen LVW came. A second 13mm for bino viewers. I was lucky to find it, a pre-owned but good condition ep. :)

(I am now defeated in finding my old Vixen 32mm Erfle. Not seen or wanted it for years. Not with any other Astro or photo kit :( )