Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

Lovely clear skies here this evening, shame about the brightness of the moon, cant grumble though, any opportunity!

My very basic starter imaging rig. Star Adventurer, dslr with ac coupler, raspberry pi running astroberry and dew strap. Powerline adapter giving raspberrypi a fast connection back to the house so don't have to rely on dodgy wifi.

swdslr.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, F15Rules said:

so I'm packing up as it's getting thicker by the minute!

Same problem here. The cloudless, crystal clear cyan twilight sky promised such a clear night, that I actually pre-prepared a list of lunar targets,  but alas by the time I was ready to go out, I was clouded out. 

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, SuburbanMak said:

Looks superb - imagine it’s rock solid on that mount too! 

It's not too bad, it gets the inevitable  shakes when focusing and is a bit prone to the quivers because of the length but is not too bad really. 

I've found that whilst the AZPro is an excellent mount that it is happier with OTAs in the f/7 to f/9 range.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gorann said:

With that garden and distance to your neighbours - why are those scopes not in an obsy?

My little love dove wants a new kitchen so that will be the priority. Maybe in a few years when the bank account has recovered. One can dream.

• Sad 2

Not sure if anyone can see this but it is my dual-RASA8 rig capturing photons while the moon is conspiring. Fortunately, most of the clouds are around the moon and not where I am aiming........

CS, Göran

20220117_224224_resized.jpg

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, powerlord said:

But I mean... She's got a kitchen I assume ? You've not got an obsy. What new amazing capabilities will this new kitchen have? I'd wager nothing. I'm sure once you explain it all logically she will understand. 🤔

I've been married 22 years I'd like to make it to 23. So a new kitchen it is. Much cheaper than the alternative. 😃

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

I've been married 22 years I'd like to make it to 23. So a new kitchen it is. Much cheaper than the alternative. 😃

You (including her) most liekly already have a kitchen, as pointed out. But your teleskopes have nothing. If you do it youself (digging, mixing the concrete, building the walls, etc) an obsy is a fraction of the cost of a kitchen. At least you should get a permanent concrete pillar to start with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1