SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I put two scopes out tonight, thinking it would be clear but packed the LZOS away after a quick look at the Moon and M45 with the 21 Ethos. Very nice it was too.

Good views of the Moon and Jupiter through the FC76DCU with CQ extender, up to x161 was clear, didn’t try any higher. Leaving it out for a while to see if the sky clears at all.

83C78DD2-AAF6-4D8C-808D-5E0B22D53A22.jpeg

DD6F7B6D-93E9-4E8D-AB2F-E4C63DC09709.jpeg

How does the LZOS perform on the A75?

Do I see dew heaters? Thought they where for mirrored scopes. Mine had what looked like frost on the tube when I got it in, none on the lens.

9 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

How does the LZOS perform on the A75?

Do I see dew heaters? Thought they where for mirrored scopes. Mine had what looked like frost on the tube when I got it in, none on the lens.

It’s fine on the AZ75, handles it no problem.

Yes, dew heaters are quite often used on refractors, not just for SCTs/Maks. You may find your Kruppax tube means you don’t suffer from it as much, but my FC76DC had dewed up a little towards the end so I’m glad I put them on the LZOS even though it wasn’t out for that long.

Is there anything this mount cannot do....:grin:

They are both balanced , and both stable enough to use, and I could not resist trying this. Both are aligned without need for any adjustment. Early part of the evening I observed the slender crescent Moon to see how they compared before removing the f14 ( the blue scope, 114mm ) so that I could spend the night observing, it has been so long since I have had a scope out. 

IMG_2366.JPG

IMG_2367.JPG

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Is there anything this mount cannot do....:grin:

They are both balanced , and both stable enough to use, and I could not resist trying this. Both are aligned without need for any adjustment. Early part of the evening I observed the slender crescent Moon to see how they compared before removing the f14 ( the blue scope, 114mm ) so that I could spend the night observing, it has been so long since I have had a scope out. 

IMG_2366.JPG

IMG_2367.JPG

They look absolutely stunning! The mount is ideal for that sort of setup. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Had quite a few clear nights here at 60°N in Sweden over X-mas and New Year but tonight seems to be the last one for a while. Right now I have my dual-RASA8 rig aiming at a very dim nebula known as MBM13 near Auriga. I got a Samyang 135 piggybacking, so three ASI2600MC collecting data. And I play it safe so each one got its own laptop - never had any luck with having one laptop connected to two cameras.

PS. The towel on the counter weights is to stop any dew dropping into the laptops  - I had a close call.

Cheers & CS

Göran

20220106_183635_resized.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 13

20 minutes ago, gorann said:

Had quite a few clear nights here at 60°N in Sweden over X-mas and New Year but tonight seems to be the last one for a while. Right now I have my dual-RASA8 rig aiming at a very dim nebula known as MBM13 near Auriga. I got a Samyang 135 piggybacking, so three ASI2600MC collecting data. And I play it safe so each one got its own laptop - never had any luck with having one laptop connected to two cameras.

PS. The towel on the counter weights is to stop any dew dropping into the laptops  - I had a close call.

Cheers & CS

Göran

Whoa! this is AP hysteria! never saw dual RASA rig and your laptop setup rivals NASA mission control! you have patience, my friend.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Whoa! this is AP hysteria! never saw dual RASA rig and your laptop setup rivals NASA mission control! you have patience, my friend.

Thanks Sunshine! Yes, except I have no staff sitting in front of each computer. But so far tonight it is all running smoothly....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gorann said:

Cheers & CS

Göran

Clear nights are rare? Just use 3 telescopes at once. looks like you have figured out the weather problem just fine 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Clear nights are rare? Just use 3 telescopes at once. looks like you have figured out the weather problem just fine 🤣

Actually, if I could handle it I would like to run more - but like Dr. Frankenstein I need an Igor to help out...

• Haha 1

Just now, JeremyS said:

Yes, that’s the BB UNI 28. I can carry the tripod +AZ100 combo in one go.

That's great, I have looked at an AZ100 online before as it seems to me the ultimate AZ mount with slow motion controls which my AZ lacks but it is quite a pricey mount.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Franklin said:

With a 95mm diameter tube the FC100 is very dainty compared to other 4" scopes.

This I did not know, so the DZ is a fairly compact 100mm? this is great as I'm sure it weighs less than my 102, you get portability and performance in one package, can't ask for more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

That's great, I have looked at an AZ100 online before as it seems to me the ultimate AZ mount with slow motion controls which my AZ lacks but it is quite a pricey mount.  

It’s a superb mount. 
The AZ75 looks promising too 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

This I did not know, so the DZ is a fairly compact 100mm? this is great as I'm sure it weighs less than my 102, you get portability and performance in one package, can't ask for more.

Funnily enough , earlier I was carrying an FS102 in one hand and and the FC100 in the other. The difference in dimensions and weight is remarkable 

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

New? I'm clicking on their site pronto, astronomy kit will leave me on the street but I will be a happy man.

New as in not launched yet. Two SGLers are evaluating a pre production model atm 

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JeremyS said:

Funnily enough , earlier I was carrying an FS102 in one hand and and the FC100 in the other. The difference in dimensions and weight is remarkable 

Really! so many times I've seen the FC100 scopes online and had the impression they were quite a bit lighter and just smaller than my 102. Sometimes when carrying my 102 it reminds me of my Eon 115, quite similar in weight and size, what was Tak thinking? were they designing the TSA102 for military use? I understand a triplet weighs more in the front end.

• Like 1