SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

10 hours ago, gorann said:

I am a bit confused, why would you have a guide camera for a visual set-up?

Confused. Com. 😋. I'm building up my astrophotography gear slowly, so wanted to try out the guide scope and software with the mount. Lumping everything together and hoping it will work isn't my idea of fun. I like to get used to the gear and it's idiosyncrasies, before I start using it properly... Just call it a trial run. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ian McCallum said:

Confused. Com. 😋. I'm building up my astrophotography gear slowly, so wanted to try out the guide scope and software with the mount. Lumping everything together and hoping it will work isn't my idea of fun. I like to get used to the gear and it's idiosyncrasies, before I start using it properly... Just call it a trial run. 

OK, that makes sense👍

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Not quite night, but ready for night. Genesis and Vixen ready for a gentle meander around the skies.

C9832923-DBDF-4A93-A0F6-5964CE6453F7.jpeg

383FA932-14B7-41DC-9705-93023C2BCBB7.jpeg

You certainly believe in being 'tooled up' for the job Stu, you won't miss anything that's for sure.

Glorious set up !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saganite said:

You certainly believe in being 'tooled up' for the job Stu, you won't miss anything that's for sure.

Glorious set up !

It was great Steve. Widefield/finder in one scope and higher power with the other. Ironically I DID miss seeing the asteroid (too dim for these scopes), but had fun with them anyway. The Moon looked great, despite being (very nearly) full.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunshine said:

A fantastic image and what a beautiful monster! is that your grab and go? or more like heave and drag.

When we lived in the desert, this was very much grab and go most nights.  Now we are back in the UK, and under cloud for what seems like forever, it’s become more of a door stop 😪 .  I’m desperate to attend any dark site star party to give Zeùs the photons he deserves.  The views he delivers are beyond belief.  I think I need to create a footer to my posts with some detail around the making of Zeùs for those interested.  
* Just read that I need a few more posts to add a signature….  I’ll get scribbling. 😁

Edited by Naglerman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Naglerman said:

When we lived in the desert, this was very much grab and go most nights.  Now we are back in the UK, and under cloud for what seems like forever, it’s become more of a door stop 😪 .  I’m desperate to attend any dark site star party to give Zeùs the photons he deserves.  The views he delivers are beyond belief.  I think I need to create a footer to my posts with some detail around the making of Zeùs for those interested.  

Yes, please, NM!

• Like 2

Here’s a teaser, whilst I work at creating my signature. 🤫

Ok, so it’s not a night time shot.  Although it was approaching the golden hour and darkness fell very soon after I took this image.   Does that still count? 🥴

Introducing Zeùs! 

0A1C3671-8E36-41B4-9F8F-59991C940E77.thumb.jpeg.68cffd056d4884da27dd8b71f0a287ce.jpeg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Saganite said:

It was great seeing last night for sure and I too used a 4" scope.  I am very much a Moonwatcher  but I really long for dark sky for a few sessions now.

Me too.  I can’t recall such poor observing conditions in this part of the World.  Moon it is for a while yet 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Naglerman said:

Me too.  I can’t recall such poor observing conditions in this part of the World.  Moon it is for a while yet 😉

yeh, you've captured a stereotypical suffolk landscape there. It's amazing more people don't like here tbh. 🤪

stu

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Naglerman said:

Ok, so it’s not a night time shot.  Although it was approaching the golden hour and darkness fell very soon after I took this image.   Does that still count? 🥴

Introducing Zeùs! 

0A1C3671-8E36-41B4-9F8F-59991C940E77.thumb.jpeg.68cffd056d4884da27dd8b71f0a287ce.jpeg

Crikey - Suffolk has changed a bit since I grew up there...😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, powerlord said:

yeh, you've captured a stereotypical suffolk landscape there. It's amazing more people don't like here tbh. 🤪

stu

Only a true Suffolk chap, and a Lovejoy fan, can easily see the Lavenham Swan in the background next to the palm tree.    🤣.    Don't tell anyone. 🤫

My first reaction to your post was, "oooh!  an astronomer in the county!"     

48 minutes ago, AMcD said:

Crikey - Suffolk has changed a bit since I grew up there...😀

No change what so ever, as the image shows. 🤪  Come on home!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Naglerman said:

Introducing Zeùs! 

WOW, equally as impressive as that stunning dob is the fact that wherever this is, the weather allows for what seem like Persian rugs to be kept outside. I'm not sure if I feel awe at your setting or I just want to cry. 😂

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

WOW, equally as impressive as that stunning dob is the fact that wherever this is, the weather allows for what seem like Persian rugs to be kept outside. I'm not sure if I feel awe at your setting or I just want to cry. 😂

I guess the Persian rugs gave the game away….

The image was taken within the largest uninterrupted sand mass in the World! (As long as it’s not blowing around, all is well) 

Liwa Oasis, Rub ‘Al - Khali (The Empty Quarter), UAE. (22° 53’ 06” N, 54° 20’ 34” E) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

My 22 year old Vixen ED102SS is cooled and waiting :icon_biggrin:

P1100013.JPG.104091873b672a85e989ac8aaf4c10e7.JPG

Gotta love a Vixen frac John😊..

And Jeremy will love that handle!😂

Have a good session this evening, it's mostly cloudy here, but looks better for the next couple of nights 🤞

Dave

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Oh dear, just saw this having just wished you a good session, John..sorry about that🥴

Dave

No problem at all Dave - it may clear later but if not I think the prospects later this week might be hopeful  :smiley:

• Like 1