SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

First time imaging in ages and i’m very excited to try out the upgrades to the imaging scope- new very posh secondary courtesy of @Piero, new cc and upgraded mount motors. Looking ok so far- it focuses and tracks ok 😉 It’s a bit windy this evening though so i had to make a wind break! Starting with M15 to see how it resolves the stars then on to NGC474 once it clears the building.

Mark

ABF41B5E-C678-4DD1-AAB7-6E4B83341920.jpeg

• Like 17

4 hours ago, markse68 said:

First time imaging in ages and i’m very excited to try out the upgrades to the imaging scope- new very posh secondary courtesy of @Piero, new cc and upgraded mount motors. Looking ok so far- it focuses and tracks ok 😉 It’s a bit windy this evening though so i had to make a wind break! Starting with M15 to see how it resolves the stars then on to NGC474 once it clears the building.

Mark

ABF41B5E-C678-4DD1-AAB7-6E4B83341920.jpeg

Looks very light polluted where you are😪

1 hour ago, Dave scutt said:

Looks very light polluted where you are😪

it's terrible and the moon didn't help. I can't see anything in my subs of NGC474 at all at 5mins and when I tried 10mins they saturated :( I'll have another go in a moonless sky

Mark

• Like 1

The 102ED hasn't saw the outside for weeks. Low tech tonight for some early evening Jupiter obs. The weather apps are saying the temp is a rather brisk 4°c and it feels at least that cold. The fingerless gloves and beanie are on. The new (to me) Baader Classic Ortho 6mm has gone head to head with the Skywatcher Planetary 6mm. The BST 8mm won! Hah. The sky is clear but transparency is so-so. 6mm is pushing it however I can see a clear winner and it's not the SW Planetary...

70675162_IMG_20211122_1739100462.thumb.jpg.30778dd50e91dd93d23216c1bf9644cb.jpg

• Like 12

"Trinity", my Tak FS128, hoping to get a rare outing this evening, after  a long combination of cloudy skies, flu and Covid jabs and busy retirement life have conspired to really limit my sessions recently.

Here she is, cooling down, and loaded with 2" dielectric diagonal and newly decloaked Celestron Axiom LX 23mm 82deg UWA..- intended target Orion constellation and M42 and the sword region in particular..its'  BIG brother, the Axiom 31mm is also waiting in the wings too😊👍.

Clear skies, All!

Dave

IMG_20211122_161619892.jpg

IMG_20211122_161636673.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 17

23 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

"Trinity", my Tak FS128, hoping to get a rare outing this evening, after  a long combination of cloudy skies, flu and Covid jabs and busy retirement life have conspired to really limit my sessions recently.

What a lovely scope, I hope the skies stay clear but wrap up well it#s going to be another cold un 🙂 

Steve

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

It’s an absolute picture - what a fabulous scope. Love the name too!

Thanks Nicola🤗..

I named the scope firstly for the character in the Matrix Trilogy, which I love, and also for my Christian faith, which is important to me..

When I was much younger I could never have imagined owning such a scope, and every time I use the Tak she brings a smile to my face😊👍.

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
Typo
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, F15Rules said:

Thanks Nicola🤗..

I named the scope firstly for the character in the Matrix Trilogy, which I love, and also for my Christian faith, which is important to me..

When I was much younger I could never have imagined owning such a scope, and everyone I use the Tak she brings a smile to my face😊👍.

Dave

I immediately thought of the Matrix 😊

My little FC76-DCU brings a smile to my face whether I’m looking at it or through it - I can’t believe I own it still. Must think of a name now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Here she is, cooling down, and loaded with 2" dielectric diagonal and newly decloaked Celestron Axiom LX 23mm 82deg UWA..- intended target Orion constellation and M42 and the sword region in particular..its'  BIG brother, the Axiom 31mm is also waiting in the wings too😊👍.

Clear skies, All!

Dave

IMG_20211122_161619892.jpg

IMG_20211122_161636673.jpg

Beautiful, Dave....👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks Steve😊 .

Well I'm out now (7.40pm) and of course clouds are rolling in!

I tried Jupiter but it's right over our chimney pot at the moment..and our log burner is on, so Jupiter is wobbling like a jelly!

On the other side of the sky the Moon is obscured by the clouds so no go there at the moment.

I'll stay out for a while as I'm hopeful there may be some breaks in the cloud..it's a lovely calm night and I'm well wrapped up, and it's early yet..ever the optimist!!

Dave

5 hours ago, F15Rules said:

What beauty of a scope you have there, judging by the similar responses it seems to be quite the celebrity. I'll trade you! ahh what's 128mm difference, you won't even notice 😂.

• Haha 2

My setup from the driveway. I've been experimenting with short exposure DSO captures using a planetary camera. Exposure settings determined through sensor analysis and smart histogram in SharpCap.

• Explore Scientific N208CF @ f/4.1 with HR Coma Corrector
  • Main camera: Player One Neptune-C II (IMX464)
  • ZWO 42mm filter drawer
    • Astronomik Luminance L-2 filter
    • Astronomik ProPlanet IR 642 BP filter
  • Orion Thin Off-Axis Guider (TOAG)
  • Primary guide camera: ZWO ASI290MM Mini
  • Secondary guider for use with SharpCap polar align routine:
    • William Optics UniGuide 32mm
    • Player One Mars-M (IMX290)
  • Celestron Advanced VX Mount with ADM Dual Saddle
    • 2x Celestron 5.4kg counterweights
    • 2x iOptron 1.35kg counterweights

To improve stability, I removed the stock handle and dovetail from the ES N208CF and replaced with a 15" ADM D-series universal dovetail bar. The mount has been completely rebuilt with new bearings and grease, but is still a work in progress.

2021-1014.jpg.4d17bb011c4030d468abe8f71fdb5a6f.jpg

N208CF_CapturingFlats.jpg.76309a9c74ab79528b2dd142d3d3e7b9.jpgN208CF_UniGuide-MarsM.jpg.667251455cc9ebc9d061cc74f1b7f470.jpg

• Like 10

It's bloomin cold and windy out there plus the seeing is none to good either. I decided to set my Tak FC100-DL up for wider fields so I was able to give the focuser some work to do with the 2 inch diagonal and this beast !

While the seeing is rather poor the transparency between the scudding cloud patches is excellent. The views of the M31 group and the Perseus double cluster are superb :icon_biggrin:

P1090984.JPG.30f84e3cf0fa989848f1478c405db0b5.JPG

• Like 9

On 27/11/2021 at 13:20, John said:

It's bloomin cold and windy out there plus the seeing is none to good either. I decided to set my Tak FC100-DL up for wider fields so I was able to give the focuser some work to do with the 2 inch diagonal and this beast !

While the seeing is rather poor the transparency between the scudding cloud patches is excellent. The views of the M31 group and the Perseus double cluster are superb :icon_biggrin:

P1090984.JPG.30f84e3cf0fa989848f1478c405db0b5.JPG

That is one big eyepiece you have there! did it come with an extra counterweight?

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 1