Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Really! so many times I've seen the FC100 scopes online and had the impression they were quite a bit lighter and just smaller than my 102. Sometimes when carrying my 102 it reminds me of my Eon 115, quite similar in weight and size, what was Tak thinking? were they designing the TSA102 for military use? I understand a triplet weighs more in the front end.

Very true 🤣

My FS102 is about the same size as your TSA102. The 102 presumably a bit heavier due to the triplet. The build and weight I find to be reassuring 😊👍🏻

I do envy your 102 😊

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Very true 🤣

My FS102 is about the same size as your TSA102. The 102 presumably a bit heavier due to the triplet. The build and weight I find to be reassuring 😊👍🏻

I do envy your 102 😊

Thanks, even though I wish it was a bit lighter and smaller, it does feel like its weight and size give it that heft which says "I mean business" 😂 that part I do like.

and I do envy your beautiful herd of Taks, they should invent a name for a herd of Taks, a Takle!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, F15Rules said:

Looking good Jeremy...how are the views of that conifer/shrub thingy it's pointing at??:rolleyes2::):glasses12:

Dave

I am enjoying examining their chloroplasts. Trouble is the watering can handle keeps getting into the fov.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

Is that new? There is a missing a TSA-120 to balance things up?

Not new. Had DZ since late 2020. 
The TSA 120 is having a rest inside 

Gotta let the littl’uns play from time to time 😊

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Not new. Had DZ since late 2020. 
The TSA 120 is having a rest inside 

Gotta let the littl’uns play from time to time 😊

This is an interesting thing that you have your 120 inside and are using the 100, I say this because if I had a 120 I could not ever see myself using the 102, especially considering how close they are in weight and size. Being a photographer I could never bring a small camera substitute to my large camera anywhere like a vacation or such, it’s just the way I am as strange as it may sound. Even on a short trip where a large camera would be cumbersome I cannot fathom using anything like a point and shoot pocket camera. It seems I would feel the same with a TSA120, I would be asking myself if I want to see less tonight, it is a silly way of thinking, I admit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

This is an interesting thing that you have your 120 inside and are using the 100, I say this because if I had a 120 I could not ever see myself using the 102, especially considering how close they are in weight and size. Being a photographer I could never bring a small camera substitute to my large camera anywhere like a vacation or such, it’s just the way I am as strange as it may sound. Even on a short trip where a large camera would be cumbersome I cannot fathom using anything like a point and shoot pocket camera. It seems I would feel the same with a TSA120, I would be asking myself if I want to see less tonight, it is a silly way of thinking, I admit.

Yes I can understand that approach.

I just enjoy what each scope can deliver. If I want to observe the planets in detail, I would certainly use the TSA120. But for some things, including some deep sky objects, my favourite over the last few months has been my FOA60 Q, for the sheer pleasure of use. It’s absolute perfection and I can carry the whole setup around in one hand: OTA, BB Report tripod and ScopeTech Zero mount.

I have a confession, though. All the while, my C11 is working away in the dome collecting photons with its silicon eye. All very unromantic. All my refractors have names, but not the C11. That’s a machine. My refractors are family 😊

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

Yes? And?

Easy, We’re not judging, we’re just as crazy about our refractors!.

ah I read this wrong lol, interpreted as you named all your refractors and were challenging any judgement haha, you mean you’d like to know the names. 

my bad

Edited by Sunshine
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Well, the ones I mentioned in my latest post are Tessa the TSA120, Dizzy the FC100 DZ and Gemma the FOA60Q (she’s a little gem).

Fair enough. Clearly I’ve not been paying enough attention. Off to the back of the class. 😔

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Well, the ones I mentioned in my latest post are Tessa the TSA120, Dizzy the FC100 DZ and Gemma the FOA60Q (she’s a little gem).

..and tonight you decided to give Dizzy a spin?:)🙃

Dave

• Haha 4

On 06/01/2022 at 20:51, gorann said:

Had quite a few clear nights here at 60°N in Sweden over X-mas and New Year but tonight seems to be the last one for a while. Right now I have my dual-RASA8 rig aiming at a very dim nebula known as MBM13 near Auriga. I got a Samyang 135 piggybacking, so three ASI2600MC collecting data. And I play it safe so each one got its own laptop - never had any luck with having one laptop connected to two cameras.

PS. The towel on the counter weights is to stop any dew dropping into the laptops  - I had a close call.

Cheers & CS

Göran

20220106_183635_resized.jpg

Not that I'm into imaging, but this looks like a seriously impressive setup 👍 

• Like 1

My 102mm Tecnosky F7 APO out tonight testing some new equipment: Baader Zeiss prism, 6 and 18mm BCO and a TV 2X barlow.

160359062_Nvyf6s1-Imgur.thumb.jpg.d7259fb6d383dc9ea511eb48185e2933.jpg

The new diagonal and eyepieces made it feel like an entirely new scope. A great refreshment and some great time spent studying the moon at high magnification tonight!

Victor

Edited by Victor Boesen
  • Like 14

First light with my zwo asi294mc pro and first night out imaging for months, took a few videos of moony with the 294 and asiair pro not settling in on ic434, moony a bit bright but if I can stick the freezing cold for a while hoping to get a few good hours in tonight on it and hopefully moro, sw 72ed AzGti in eq mode 

IMG_20220111_200446.jpg

IMG_20220112_202256.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 7