Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All,

I'm looking at putting together a new star party for Wiltshire and wondered if there would be any interest in it at the present time.

Its still in the initial stages but i've found a venue that looks suitable and also has facilities on site such as a cafe/bar/toilets/showers etc and more importantly lovely views of the sky all round. Considering dates I am looking at running this in September so not too cold for camping or we can even do this in winter as there is accomodation on site also. There is also the chance of a place to secure your scopes and equipment on site so if people do want to go out for the day they can be sure their equipment is safe and secure.

If anyone might be interested in this party then please do let me know so i can potentially gauge numbers/costs etc

Regards

Dave

Dave there is already is one in Wiltshire with the Hants Astro star party at Summerlands near Salisbury at the end of September.Conatct Hants Astro for information on that.  Note also that star parties in Sepetmber tend to clash with Kelling.

Owen

Great to see some support for this guys :-)

Out of interest would you guys prefer camping in your tents etc or would you like to stay in the 4 star youth hostel on site? 

Its our aim to give the best possible experience so as much input from you folks early on will be great

Regards

Dave

2 hours ago, davidscanlan said:

Great to see some support for this guys :-)

Out of interest would you guys prefer camping in your tents etc or would you like to stay in the 4 star youth hostel on site? 

Its our aim to give the best possible experience so as much input from you folks early on will be great

Regards

Dave

I would stay in my motorhome.

Gav.

September's potentially a busy month for star parties. There's also Awesome Astronomy's AstroCamp in the Brecons in September (24th - 27th)

6 hours ago, rwilkey said:

Hi Dave, yes, I and my wife would be most interested, particularly as we live in the region.  Prefer hostel but if not camping will be fine.

No problem at all :-)

Regards

Dave

1 hour ago, davidscanlan said:

Thanks Folks

Electric hook up may be an issue but investigating a way around this

Would you just need electric for charging juice tanks/power tanks?

Regards

Dave

Ideally electric hook up for running equipment as well as the 'van!

1 hour ago, davidscanlan said:

Thanks Folks

Electric hook up may be an issue but investigating a way around this

Would you just need electric for charging juice tanks/power tanks?

Regards

Dave

No electric? And we're out!

Archived