Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I have compiled all my double Star observation into a single book.

I cover some basic concepts of observing double stars and why I observe them but the main resource is my observations of over 2000 doubles.

The book includes:

• A brief overview of double star observing

• A catalogue of 2000+ doubles listed by constellation and them Right Accension.

• Inclusion of all WDS noted companions

• J2000 co-ordinates for handsets

• Precise co-ordinates for all pairs

• Latest WDS PA & SEP (Theta & Rho)

• Brief descriptions to aid identification

• SAO, Bayer, Flamsteed identifiers

• Spectral classes (if known)

• Telescope aperture and magnification used

• A toughness grading allowing you to decide which pairs to observe in the prevailing conditions

The book will be available via FLO very soon.

Cheers

Ian

IMG_internal_1.thumb.jpg.3e4a3ea765a90ba14e73b096c3558c60.jpgIMG_internal_2.thumb.jpg.c5e3fd123b66f4d8eac4798bc26b36e9.jpg9781804672990_700x.jpg.9dacc049a865835b989d07f9b67fd84e.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

I was inspired by the Sissy Haas book. My only frustration with the book was wasn't good at linking the WDS label with SAO or Bayer/Flamsteed designation so I have tried to provide this information.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/06/2023 at 22:34, lunator said:

I have compiled all my double Star observation into a single book.

I cover some basic concepts of observing double stars and why I observe them but the main resource is my observations of over 2000 doubles.

The book includes:

• A brief overview of double star observing

• A catalogue of 2000+ doubles listed by constellation and them Right Accension.

• Inclusion of all WDS noted companions

• J2000 co-ordinates for handsets

• Precise co-ordinates for all pairs

• Latest WDS PA & SEP (Theta & Rho)

• Brief descriptions to aid identification

• SAO, Bayer, Flamsteed identifiers

• Spectral classes (if known)

• Telescope aperture and magnification used

• A toughness grading allowing you to decide which pairs to observe in the prevailing conditions

The book will be available via FLO very soon.

Cheers

Ian

IMG_internal_1.thumb.jpg.3e4a3ea765a90ba14e73b096c3558c60.jpgIMG_internal_2.thumb.jpg.c5e3fd123b66f4d8eac4798bc26b36e9.jpg9781804672990_700x.jpg.9dacc049a865835b989d07f9b67fd84e.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I decided to work on a book because I'm still a student, and work on my dissertation. And I noticed that sometimes even if you have a lot of materials, books, it's still can be hard to write something. And decided to write a book which is helpful and informative. Pretty often I use https://edubirdie.com/research-papers-writing-services myself because such papers are so hard to finish, and it's good that it's possible to get some help. And I hope that book will be the same helpful for someone.

Wow, that book looks great. It seems to be very informative and interesting.

Congratulations!

Edited by jasonhudson