Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear sky

mdstuart

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closed down and bought the kit in.

Cloud coming over making PHD2 go bonkers, and now it looks like it'll cloud over fully. TBH even if it clears again I can't be bothered fighting a guide camera that disconnects at the slightest provocation.

Seriously thinking of giving Rupert at Astrograph a bell tomorrow regarding an ASA DDM60.

20 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Same here Dave, weather and mount, been looking at 10Micron GM1000 HPS as I want something fairly light for travelling.

Thought you'd binned the QHY :)

Dave

Ha ha, nearly but not quite. I does work provided you don't look at it the wrong way, else ........

I've had a good clear sky here and no sign of any clouds yet. Clear Outside is predicting a little cloud at midnight and then clear until dawn. Pity it's a school night :sad:

Managed to find the Leo Triplet for the first time using the ED120. Only spotted two of the three and they were very faint but that part of the sky is moving around into the sight line of my Dob so will give it another go later.

Jupiter is stunning tonight. GRS is bang in the centre of the disk right now and very clear. I've even given my TV Planetary filter a good go for the first time since I bought it and I must say that when you get used to the brownish colour it actually provides very good contrast between the bands of cloud.

Will head back down the garden when my feet thaw out!

Archived