NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Hi. I thought I would put a photo up of my binoviewing case which is in the process of being completed 

IMG_20161022_113909.jpg

I have the following in the case at present 

Have the TS Binoviewers 

Have a pair of 6mm Baader Genuine Ortho 

Have a pair of 18mm Baader Genuine Ortho 

A pair of 8mm televues plossl 

A pair of SW WA 25mm

A pair of SW WA 10mm

A pair of 32mm televues plossl

It has taken a bit of time to pair up some of the BGO and the televues as due to the cost of binoviewing in pairing up I do try and find great used examples. And the Ortho and plossl do really work well IMO in great quality at sensible money .

A nice little collection for binoviewing☺ 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 7 December 2016 at 07:12, Davesellars said:

A slight adjustment to the (now) dob and 120ED case.... Another smaller Peli Storm case arriving soon for the smaller refractors / eyepieces.

IMG_0432.JPG

Tempted to go for the ES 4.7mm as I need a couple of light, widefield EPs. Delos and XWs too heavy. Naglers overpriced. Delites perhaps too narrow, particularly at higher magnifications. The 4.7mm looks perfect - light, 82 degrees, under £100. How do you rate yours Dave?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Tempted to go for the ES 4.7mm as I need a couple of light, widefield EPs. Delos and XWs too heavy. Naglers overpriced. Delites perhaps too narrow, particularly at higher magnifications. The 4.7mm looks perfect - light, 82 degrees, under £100. How do you rate yours Dave?

Hi Mark,

I haven't had much of an opportunity to use it with it being one of the more recent purchases however I did use it the other night on Jupiter with the 80ED and it produced a very nice sharp image for the conditions. I'll see if I get an opportunity to view the Moon with the same scope soon using this eyepiece.

• Like 1

Just two eyepieces to get to complete my set.  I need another Nagler 7mmT6 and an 11mmT6 to complete my bino-pairs then I have to give my Visa card to my wife for safe keeping.

After buying, trying, trading and selling for some time, here are my keepers:

Nagler 31mmT5, 22mmT4, 13mmT6 pair, 11mmT6, 7mmT6

Delos 14mm, 10mm, 8mm, 6mm, 4.5mm

Panoptic 24mm pair

MIS_3998.jpg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, John said:

Matt - what a great collection of oculars and other things, and so neatly presented :thumbsup:

I don't see any compromises at all in there - all top drawer !

Thanks, it has taken quite some time to arrive at this set, I have tried many others before settling for these. 

There have been times that other brands have given better views but overall the TVs are a very good brand.

I use binoviewers on the TOA and mono view through my big Dobsonian.

• Like 2

I like the idea of an accessory case.  I have some bits of foam left from making a yoga mat dew guard.  I think i could easily fill a small case wuth a few layers of  it and cut into the foam as required.

Edited by JOC

The first case is pretty much complete. The 17mm Nagler is a lovely eyepiece but not sure it has a future here as the Ethos 13mm has nearly the same FOV with more magnification, however in the 5" frac it does give 112X, against 146X, so can't decide. A new foam insert might be next.

The second contains my 6 pairs for Binoviewing plus Ortho's and plossls.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

• Like 6

Having just swapped my 26mm Nagler for a Baader solar wedge my case looks like I have been robbed!

All that's in there is a 24mm Panoptic,  a 11mm and 7mm Delite and a Nagler 6-3mm zoom. Although I do have a pair of 18mm bcos in my bino box and a pair of 25mm TV plossls coming at crimbo so not all bad :icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Am I glad I went with squishing instead of plucking with my last EP case purchase. Highly recommend it to anyone trying to keep things neat while saving a fortune on buying pick'n'pluck.

I went from this

post-8355-0-91122500-1426005168.jpg

a nurture of previously squished foam and a quick flip over

20170106_081046.jpg

and you can't see a single join from where my old collection sat and all the foam is still nice and snug around my eyepieces. Granted I had do a bit of plucking this time on the larger items but I'm definitely a squishier not a stripper in future.

• Like 3

Hi Everyone,

I was lucky enough for our lass to say that she does not need her case no more, so eager to get to work on it i used the underlay from our carpet to make up the layers and cut a few lens holes, everything seems to sit nice and tightly and cannot move at all, still we are thinking of getting some of the square press foam, all in all though not a bad little project and for no £££'s either which is a bonus, i seen the post earlyier where someone mentions popping a few silica gel packs in too, might just do it, can only help with moisture.

Anyway here is my pictures

DSC_0616.jpgDSC_0618.jpgDSC_0619.jpgDSC_0620.jpgDSC_0621.jpgDSC_0622-edit.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

It does the job Very well

Cheers

Mark

Edited by mark117h
Re-Edited for wording between images & Mistake.
  • Like 4