Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

It feels so coincidental that I have recently been conducting thought experiments on how to split up my eyepiece case into two smaller ones to improve my grab-and-go capability. Then, were I to find that I only ever used the one case...

...but the evidence would have to be pretty compelling.

:happy11:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DRT said:

Oi! :eek:

I'm currently getting some sympathy from Mrs T for having to sell the children - I don't need you lot persuading her that could sell some more! :help2:

Excellent! The present Mrs Floater and I folded up over that!

Hang on in ... and watch out for that Timebandit! He's after one of your kids! ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, iPeace said:

It feels so coincidental that I have recently been conducting thought experiments on how to split up my eyepiece case into two smaller ones to improve my grab-and-go capability. Then, were I to find that I only ever used the one case...

...but the evidence would have to be pretty compelling.

:happy11:

I'm onto my 3rd case now :rolleyes2:

So much for rationalising my eyepieces ......

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Floater said:

Excellent! The present Mrs Floater and I folded up over that!

Hang on in ... and watch out for that Timebandit! He's after one of your kids! ?

I've got that covered, Gordon. Monty (half black Lab half Rottweiler) has been trained to go nuts every time a white van pulls up outside the house. To be fair, it happens daily due to the number of deliveries from FLO and ABS UK so I'm not sure he will spot the difference between a delivery and a collection  :rolleyes2:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John said:

I'm onto my 3rd case now :rolleyes2:

Don't feel bad.  I have four cases now.  A-team, B-team, binoviewer and eyepiece pairs and OCS, and starter eyepieces not worth selling but kept for sentimental purposes and to compare with how far I've come in 19 years of observing.  Then there's the large tool box of odds and ends like T-mounts, extension tubes, Tamrac folding filter wallet, 45 and 90 degree erect image diagonals for spotting scope duty, single vision infinity corrected observing glasses, etc.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm an amateur astronomer hoarder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, popeye85 said:

I've gone for the gold ol' flight case aswell! Oops, I'm in danger of looking like I know what I'm doing when I go out with this!

Not the most high end of ep's but hopefully that will change over time.

IMG_20170211_191838.jpg

Don't do yourself or your case down, everyone starts somewhere and then goes on to discover what suits them and buys accordingly. You will some cases that just one espouse £££££. That is not the norm, just the nice to have ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Something tells me you like Hyperions.

It's average and cheaper than televue Ep's . I wear glasses as well. 

Any other good suggestions for a low power Ep around that range with good eye relief that will fit my last empty space in my case

Edited by balzer

39 minutes ago, balzer said:

It's average and cheaper than televue Ep's . I wear glasses as well. 

Any other good suggestions for a low power Ep around that range with good eye relief that will fit my last empty space in my case

You could try to find one of these...

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 15.50.13.png

I'm not sure whether or not Baader still make them but they would be a nice match to your Hyperions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DRT said:

You could try to find one of these...

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 15.50.13.png

I'm not sure whether or not Baader still make them but they would be a nice match to your Hyperions.

They do look good. Tried to google them not much comes up. Look very hard to find.

Here's my 1.25" kit eyepiece bag. Celestron 40mm Kellner for maximum exit pupil in 1.25" format, a Pan 24mm, 13mm and 7mm Nagler T6 and a Nagler Zoom 3-6mm.

The finderscope is a 50mm with interchangeable eyepieces and the finderstalk is the only one in the market available for these type of finderscopes (sold under the Teleskop Service, William Optics and Stellarvue names among many) - a Vixen finderstalk. I wanted to avoid using rings for this. Comes with a  23mm cross hair eyepiece.

Also a Baader 1.25" Sital BBHS diagonal (I LOVE the click lock mechanism) and a Celestron Starsense RDF.

The top of the camera bag houses an anti-dew heater that runs on a 9V battery (Tech2000 brand) and UHC, O III, Hb, #21, #80A, Tele Vue Planetary Filter, Baader Moon & Skyglow, Baader Solar Continuum and Lumicon Comet Filter, as well as a single prism ADC.

Only upgrade left to this kit is getting Lumicon UHC and OIII filters - on the list of things to get in the next month or so. All very compact and easy to carry. On the side of the bag there is a led light torch as well :icon_biggrin:

2017-02-10 06.53.39.jpg

2017-02-10 06.53.44.jpg

Edited by nicoscy
  • Like 5

I think the 24mm Hyperion shows as much sky as a 1.25" eyepiece can. If balzer wants to go wider still, the 2" format will need to be considered. He does already have a very fine 2" diagonal :thumbright:

Edited by John
  • Like 2