Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

46 minutes ago, Captain Scarlet said:

It cost €300 but I think that included a “patience discount”, and no holes! I’ll be doing the perforating myself once I get the VX8 to Ireland 

Thats a very good price for what looks like a quality piece of kit. My summer break from astro is 4 months anyway so might as well order one at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Arrived today. Ridiculously expensive but so, so useful:

IMG_20220224_111538.thumb.jpg.a3b89ee6ae02c3a93778a21adb08355f.jpg

IMG_20220224_111710.thumb.jpg.18e1be716908fb2a0ee2f6aa4f3513db.jpg

I've been going out of my mind, carefully centring a target, going to change eyepieces and then finding the safety undercuts hanging up on the compression ring, pushing the scope off line! 😡

I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Saganite said:

I have long wondered about these as an alternative to my 19mm Panoptics Dean , but am able to put them to the back of my mind, until somebody does what you have just done.....:grin:

Very nice !

They seem very moreish. I was in a dither whether to get this or the 19mm panoptic - i ended up flipping a coin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saganite said:

I have long wondered about these as an alternative to my 19mm Panoptics Dean , but am able to put them to the back of my mind, until somebody does what you have just done.....:grin:

Very nice !

I can help, Steve..just go for the Morpheus 17.5mm..top rate optics, and a much wider fov to to boot!👍😁.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They are nice, I just bought one to replace the one I sold in a huff over undercuts.
It feels wider FOV than the the stated 62 degrees and has longer eyerelief, essential for me as I wear glasses at the scope.
I always thought my 19mm Pans over the years as small and cute, if a eyepiece can be that,
but the 18.2 DeLite has something else.

You know you want to, don't you......

I am sure you can pick one up at The PAS in a few weeks time?  I can check in on you doing so 😉

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

I can help, Steve..just go for the Morpheus 17.5mm..top rate optics, and a much wider fov to to boot!👍😁.

Dave

Been there , done that Dave but unfortunately they did not work for me in the Binoviewer  otherwise I would have kept the pair that I bought....:icon_sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

They are nice, I just bought one to replace the one I sold in a huff over undercuts.
It feels wider FOV than the the stated 62 degrees and has longer eyerelief, essential for me as I wear glasses at the scope.
I always thought my 19mm Pans over the years as small and cute, if a eyepiece can be that,
but the 18.2 DeLite has something else.

You know you want to, don't you......

I am sure you can pick one up at The PAS in a few weeks time?  I can check in on you doing so 😉

That's enough evil encouragement from you Mr White .

It would be fun listening to you try though, over coffee of course.

Hope to see you there....:smiley:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuburbanMak said:

40mm Plossl for Mak 127 filter adventures with bigger exit pupil - thanks @George Sinanis for a smooth sale & @Stu for the suggestion. 5DC774B0-BE08-4B2D-8495-1ACD3E29A071.thumb.jpeg.4bf8bc0fc3755073deb39945951b2fd5.jpeg

It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the 40mm and filters. I also have this eyepiece for the Mak for the same reason. It has the same field of view as my ES 68° 24mm but lower magnification so I see the same image just smaller! I've not found any improvement with the increased exit pupil and usually prefer the 24mm. My current thinking is that a bigger exit pupil is only better at the same magnification. It seems to me that the size of the object is as important as how bright it is when it comes to seeing detail. That's the same as saying you need bigger aperture though!

• Like 3

I have wanted one for more than five years. I traded up to my current refractor and picked up the right eyepieces and the Ercole Giro two years later with a lucky break and had to wait another three years for this but finally, all good things come to those those that save and wait. I never had a tripod that felt so strong. Sunshine and clear skies came with it. So I am of out now.

13260439_20220224_1022132.thumb.JPG.6c109cd49b941c3c276f6c11ad981a08.JPG1874460796_20220224_1130592.thumb.JPG.9dc7bd43d7f2afa33b95648f8d3dbf1b.JPG

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1