NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 6 August 2018 at 18:37, PeterW said:

Well finally.... now the clouds are mounting on the horizon. 3D.... and no red or green filters in sight. Be interesting to try out if it ever clears up!

PEterW

441E3187-EC77-4E42-A6BB-EA6063EBF017.jpeg

Very nice - be sure to post a review when you have used them for observing. ? I can't seem to find much info about how they work?

Just taken delivery of an external pressure controller for my Lunt solar scope after coming up at a bargain price. Have wanted one for a while as the manual pressure tuner on my LS60 only comes on band right at the very end of its travel, which means it's very tight - and difficult to keep the scope balanced and on target while tuning. Now can dial in exact desired pressure without affecting the view - so I can concentrate on observing.

IMG_1113.JPG

• Like 4

This arrived today. Have been wanting one for a while, very lovely ‘chunky’ little thing, feels very nicely made. Focuser is very smooth and it is incredibly compact with the retractable dewshield. It reminds me of a more up to date, slightly bigger version of my old WO SD66 and will hopefully come everywhere with me, to places the Tak dare not go (or rather fit!)

CC5C841A-891E-4CFF-8793-A50F13B4C69C.jpeg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

This arrived today. Have been wanting one for a while, very lovely ‘chunky’ little thing, feels very nicely made. Focuser is very smooth and it is incredibly compact with the retractable dewshield. It reminds me of a more up to date, slightly bigger version of my old WO SD66 and will hopefully come everywhere with me, to places the Tak dare not go (or rather fit!)

CC5C841A-891E-4CFF-8793-A50F13B4C69C.jpeg

You're not secretly becoming an imager are you, @Stu? :eek: '

• Haha 3

Just now, DRT said:

Good to hear, Stu - I thought you were being drawn in by The Dark Side ?

Never :)

Smart phone messing around is all I am likely to do, although, now you mention it, I could stick a DSLR on it..... ;)

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I got one of those from fleabay too John, about 2 years ago, for £2?.

Dave

Price has doubled since then but this was in VG condition. ?

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looks nice Stu, but what is it