Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, cloudsweeper said:

Nice line-up Neil!  I'd be interested to hear what you think about the 13mm (in Deutschland gemacht, I notice).

Doug.

Thanks, Doug! Just gave the 13mm a fun test run. Played chase the ISS very successfully. No denying it’s a space station at that magnification! Took a look at M57 too. All looked very sharp. I notice the coma in the 20mm but not with the 13mm. At least on first impressions. Nice sharp image. Off to a good start!

1 hour ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Very nice Neil. I will certainly be interested in your opinion of the Baader VIP barlow

Thanks, Mark! Spent quite awhile trying it out on Jupiter this evening. I’m going to need a longer extension tube! My 47mm click lock tube needed to be hung out around 60mm to get enough back focus. I had to be careful to secure it properly and make sure it was square on. Adjusting the Barlow to get diff multipliers was easy enough. It worked well with the 9mm Lunt (in 1.25” mode) and the 9mm BGO. Optically the 9mm BGO barlowed at 1.5x seemed much the same as the 6mm BGO without the Barlow. Should be equivalent focal length if my calculations are correct! Only caveat is that the seeing was quite poor so not a good test of sharpness. Looks promising though.

On 01/08/2018 at 20:28, cloudsweeper said:

Nice line-up Neil!  I'd be interested to hear what you think about the 13mm (in Deutschland gemacht, I notice).

Doug.

Nice eyepiece but made in the far east I believe. APM, the brander, is a German company though.

Hope you enjoy them all Neil :smiley:

• Thanks 1

Busy here today. The courier delivered another Skywatcher ED150 and took the original one back to be checked out. Just as well that it worked out that way (thanks FLO !) because two fully packed 6" F/8 refractors take up a lot of room !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Just a bill for 3.5k. Apparently the care home where Mum is hasnt been paid since she moved in, in April.

Banks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

What would we do without them.

Yikes, I hope you haven't 'accidentally' spent it on astro gear ?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, John said:

Busy here today. The courier delivered another Skywatcher ED150 and took the original one back to be checked out. Just as well that it worked out that way (thanks FLO !) because two fully packed 6" F/8 refractors take up a lot of room !

Poor you ?

4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Yikes, I hope you haven't 'accidentally' spent it on astro gear ?

So that's where it went. I knew that Quark and Bresser AR 102 would come back to bite me on the backside. 

LOL.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Haha 1