Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

I got this a few weeks ago but didn't get to use it until last week.  £20 from Amazon, they had several types and models of these but this one seemed accurate enough without being too expensive.  It has a magnetic base so I stuck it to my counterweight, adjusted for my latitude and polar alignment was a breeze.

Level.jpg.a23b875a9f7ffc0209ae14080e272c2d.jpg

All the best

Michael

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

This arrived today. Have been wanting one for a while, very lovely ‘chunky’ little thing, feels very nicely made. Focuser is very smooth and it is incredibly compact with the retractable dewshield. It reminds me of a more up to date, slightly bigger version of my old WO SD66 and will hopefully come everywhere with me, to places the Tak dare not go (or rather fit!)

CC5C841A-891E-4CFF-8793-A50F13B4C69C.jpeg

It looks identical to my WO GT71. Rings, screws and grooves on the body are the same!

20180815_224408.jpg

7 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

It looks identical to my WO GT71. Rings, screws and grooves on the body are the same!

20180815_224408.jpg

They do look very similar don’t they? Certainly the focuser looks identical apart from the temperature dial. Both lovely little scopes.

12 hours ago, Stu said:

This arrived today. Have been wanting one for a while, very lovely ‘chunky’ little thing, feels very nicely made. Focuser is very smooth and it is incredibly compact with the retractable dewshield. It reminds me of a more up to date, slightly bigger version of my old WO SD66 and will hopefully come everywhere with me, to places the Tak dare not go (or rather fit!)

Aah is this the one that was on EBay? You beat me to it lol

The second refractor someone off the forums sniped me on ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dragon_Astro said:

Aah is this the one that was on EBay? You beat me to it lol

The second refractor someone off the forums sniped me on ?

Yes, my apologies ;)

Thought I should nab it before anyone else did!! :) 

Opticstar AR90s f/8.8

Wanted something not too expensive for my white light solar set-up and decided the Opticstar AR90s f/8.8 would be a sutable. Light weight scope and can be used on a photo trpod setup or my AZ-EQ5 GT. Had sold the Bresser Messier scope I had been using but decded I really needed a dedicated white light scope and the Opticstar was cheaper than another Bresser when you get the dual speed focuser option and a more suitable focal length. 

Added a small carry handle bought from WDS Ltd. Why aren’t carrying handles standard equipment on all scopes?

Opticstar-3.jpg

Opticstar-2.jpg

Opticstar-1.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 5

I've misplaced by skywatcher 2" extender (actually think I sold it with the 200p) so I needed another to allow the canon to focus on the frac.. ordered a revelation astro, self centre 50mm and 2"-1.25" self.centre adaptor.. ordered Wednesday pm, turned up yesterday..

Nice Smooth action and CNC finish! Looking forward to some lunar imaging now!

20180818_113444.thumb.jpg.923af901247d176c385cb50290a3fe79.jpg

Ta

Fozzie

• Like 5

On 15/08/2018 at 20:31, Stu said:

Good to see you back on the "acquisition trail" Stu. It's a lovely looking telescope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I managed to source a used EQ5 goto ( at what I thought was a good price  ) with an F8 150mm refractor.

Going by his description it was in good condition ( no photos ), just before I popped round to inspect and collect he called back and said it was actually an HEQ5.... did I still want it.

Did I ……. think he is now in hospital getting his hand stitched back on where I bit it off.....

A happy bunny..... ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

New pair of bins. ?

Nikon Action Extreme EX 7x50

Had thought about the 10x50 but decided to stick with the 7x50 as I find that more comfortable to use. Feel good in the hand and not too heavy. Nice semi budget bins. Fully multi coated and Bak 4 prisims and  waterproof and fogproof.

7x48 actually but closer to 50mm than most budget bins.

John

2CE6EA1E-B2C1-4F1A-9815-D62861E1DFDE.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

Nice Mr postman (he's called Gary and he really is nice) brought a cheap dslr I purchased off fleabay, shame the t-ring didn't turn up though. Soon be time to try my hand at a bit of Astrophotography.. Should be fun. ? _20180825_153204.thumb.JPG.bb83bf6024076945fc2cb3b6e5699426.JPG

• Like 1

Technically it was Rupert from Astrograph but he played postman. He delivered my new APM LZOS 130mm f/9 triplet.

EF84BEB0-C275-45F0-AA71-272C784B9AEC.thumb.jpeg.1bc5425c4244f2ab4af433803353847e.jpeg

And soon an actual postman will be bringing a new scope and mount to review for Astronomy Now. Always exciting to have a new scope in the house. It will be two at the same time.

Edited by DirkSteele
Typo
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, DirkSteele said:

Technically it was Rupert from Astrograph but he played postman. He delivered my new APM LZOS 130mm f/9 triplet.

EF84BEB0-C275-45F0-AA71-272C784B9AEC.thumb.jpeg.1bc5425c4244f2ab4af433803353847e.jpeg

And soon an actual postman will be bringing a new scope and mount to review for Astronomy Now. Always exciting to have a new scope in the house. It will be two at the same time.

Can you tell us what the review scope is Matthew - or is it confidential ? :smiley:

On 19/08/2018 at 22:23, Kev M said:

So I managed to source a used EQ5 goto ( at what I thought was a good price  ) with an F8 150mm refractor.

Going by his description it was in good condition ( no photos ), just before I popped round to inspect and collect he called back and said it was actually an HEQ5.... did I still want it.

Did I ……. think he is now in hospital getting his hand stitched back on where I bit it off.....

A happy bunny..... ?

Haha lucky you!! Congrats ??

To replace my Baader Zoom recently sold. My first fixed FL eyepiece purchase. Arrived very well packaged and well priced on ABS.

Looking forward to seeing how I get on with these as I even managed to pull some detail out of the Martian surface the other night using the mighty Skywatcher kit 10mm!!! Also, 25mm BST inbound from a fellow SGL'r!

20180828_125532.jpg

• Like 2