NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

The long river smiley box boutique delivered a couple handy bits today.

image.png.bf5dc4c38abd85dc8fed223ac872e4e6.png

Joby phone holder, couple of dual tripod mount bars and a new battery for the old note-3 phone that now runs a note-7 ROM port. Can now easily mount the phone to the scopes and swap it around via the vixen bar or tube rings to have some smarts in scanning around the sky manually when not using the GoTo.

image.png.66d85eef76ca11e05b98b93b1a2b0e3d.png

image.png.66287dc5bb34afd9d3f26a81b98a2828.png

image.png.cad1120056f8fada2e89e0b6d6bd5a48.png

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

The long river smiley box boutique delivered a couple handy bits today.

image.png.bf5dc4c38abd85dc8fed223ac872e4e6.png

Joby phone holder, couple of dual tripod mount bars and a new battery for the old note-3 phone that now runs a note-7 ROM port. Can now easily mount the phone to the scopes and swap it around via the vixen bar or tube rings to have some smarts in scanning around the sky manually when not using the GoTo.

image.png.66d85eef76ca11e05b98b93b1a2b0e3d.png

image.png.66287dc5bb34afd9d3f26a81b98a2828.png

image.png.cad1120056f8fada2e89e0b6d6bd5a48.png

A seperate thread on this project and how it works would great Dave. Thanks in advance. 😉😁

1 hour ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Cheers for the heads up on this book chaps! At a quick glance it looks very informative.

DSC_0994.JPG

This site has helped sell loads of these this week, nice getting a bargain flagged up. 

Edited by Dantooine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dantooine said:

This site has helped sell loads of these this week, nice getting a bargain flagged up. 

I don't buy these, I invariably receive them for birthday or Christmas presents, there's a suspiciously shaped present in the lounge at the moment, so I hold fire.

It is my wife's contribution and support of my hobby.

I guess I count them to remind me how many years I've been married...

Edited by gilesco
humour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

I would be interested in your opinion of this please , when it arrives, as I have been tempted several times the last few months to get one, but not pulled the trigger yet. :smiley:

Although it is intended mainly for white light solar use will of course be testing it out for regular night time use.

Getting hold of one is a bit problematic at the moment though. Checked with Bresser and got this reply.

The latest information from the factory is that we will get a new delivery around November to December.But there are still some problems with international supply chains because of the Corona crisis. Therefore, unexpected delays can unfortunately still occur.

Freundliche Grüße · Kind regards 

Your Bresser service team

Found one at a German dealer and it was the last one they had in stock. 

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dantooine said:

3 hours ago, Pixies said:

Mine has been put away until Dec 25th. It's going to be my annual to open on Christmas morning.

Just seen this, got the 2020 for Christmas last year, and was my first astronomy book since I was a kid... ordered this new one and will keep it for Christmas too 😃

• Like 2

Just came off shift to a parcel from Germany. APM 20mm. Wow this thing is sweet.

If it performs how it feels it’s going to do the job. Had to post the second picture as it’s a perfect match to my 13E. (Size & weight)

Special thanks to Stardaze and John for twisting my arm in the direction of this eyepiece and saving me a considerable amount of money on the purchase of an ethos 21. It actually feels like an ethos. 

6B5487BF-F578-49D3-B477-AC9DB953D712.jpeg

483B2CE2-0817-4272-8491-823F7C3B4899.jpeg

Edited by Dantooine
  • Like 6