Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Postie Pete has been with a grin and a comment of 'More Telescope Bits then'... he knows me too well.
The awaited new 12.5 Morpheus, the one I was not going to buy, then did.
Of course its clouded out and grim.

IMG_1793.thumb.JPG.38850b37a03efec7794c689b6901d1c0.JPG

IMG_1794.thumb.JPG.92a23aaa40f10af63a9b3870c1f98f8a.JPG

I’ve not tried Morpheus but I really want to. Let me know how you get on with it and what it seams closest to 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Postie Pete has been with a grin and a comment of 'More Telescope Bits then'... he knows me too well.

When my postie delivers Astro bits, I’ve trained her to say “ah more DIY parts for you; good to see you working so hard”. ......especially if she sees my wife 🙂

• Haha 7

30 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

When my postie delivers Astro bits, I’ve trained her to say “ah more DIY parts for you; good to see you working so hard”. ......especially if she sees my wife 🙂

I like your thinking Mr S, very devious 
The problem is that I blab to Mrs W on pending purchases and
worse still, it would get her DIY jobs hopes up if said training were attempted!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

What made you decide to purchase the Morpheus Alan, I thought the kerfs and if memory serves me correctly the Field stop wasn't as sharp as you would have liked?

I already have the 14mm Morph in my set but I can still see me picking the 12.5 up eventually, I'm weak!! 🙂

Baz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

What made you decide to purchase the Morpheus Alan, I thought the kerfs and if memory serves me correctly the Field stop wasn't as sharp as you would have liked?

I already have the 14mm Morph in my set but I can still see me picking the 12.5 up eventually, I'm weak!! 🙂

Baz

Not the kerfs, love them, hate undercuts with a vengence.
It was the field stop, but I still wanted a 12.5mm and don't get that in Pentax XW.
The field stop is near sharp, much like others, I was being unfair in my initial rejection.

Just need a some cloud free to give it a test run.
if only the postie had turned up at 1am before I viewed Mars this morning 😉

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Not the kerfs, love them, hate undercuts with a vengence.
It was the field stop, but I still wanted a 12.5mm and don't get that in Pentax XW.
The field stop is near sharp, much like others, I was being unfair in my initial rejection.

Just need a some cloud free to give it a test run.
if only the postie had turned up at 1am before I viewed Mars this morning 😉

Just can’t get the service these days, Alan!

🙂

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I have been using various colour filters when viewing Mars with mixed success. I thought I would try something different.

B7117F9D-B320-44A9-806D-FF6BE660403E.jpeg

I hope this one does the trick for you, they are not cheap. I have read lots who use this one swear by it and it’s the best on planets especially Jupiter. Good luck. 

• Like 2

From the deepest bowels of an online retailer they managed to find one of these:

IMG_3743.thumb.jpeg.2201f5c239177e7df332432f70191009.jpeg

Hopefully the 1.6, 2.4 will be back in stock soon, however last one of this type. I'll see how it compares with the TOE 4 mm, but that will be weeks away given the forecasts. Just lucky a random click on the retailers site and I saw this was in stock. 😀 

IMG_3744.jpeg

IMG_3746.jpeg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The scope has threaded holes in the tube so the Skysense bracket can simply be unscrewed and the screws used to blank off the holes. No nuts on the inside to bother about.

Thanks John. Will start messing with it tomorrow.

Steve

4 years and 241 pages, and now I can finally post something here! DHL dropped off a Hyperflex 7-21mm zoom and Baader Q turret barlow this afternoon. I think these are the first new items I've bought in at least 5 years!

IMG_20201001_195908905.jpg

Edited by Roy Challen
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1