Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Not difficult to make up a setup using a cheap 1.25” mirror diagonal and a telrad riser and parts from a phone holder. If they were to release the thing as a unit that  would fit a finder shoe  it wuld be a big hit

Here’s a setup I made from bits I had laying around before I realised the app was locked.

45F38D29-1FC7-4133-A9E7-456F8CEAFE1E.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, callisto said:

I received my ADC yesterday, thanks to johninderby 👍

Just have to work out how to use it now 😄

Mark

The guide to using it on the back of the instruction sheet helps but could be more detailed I suppose. 🤔

Edited by johninderby

12 minutes ago, TerryJ said:

Received from FLO, after a few weeks delay due to the pandemic. 

Zwo ASI183mm plus wheel and filters.

The learning curve gets steeper..🤣

Cheers

Terry

20200912_112214.jpg

I bought one of these bundles, you're going to love it - a lot of work to get your final images, but that camera is great.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2020 at 22:55, johninderby said:

The next generation of push to. Instead of having to align the mount and of course needing encoders. You just point the scope at a star and it takes a photo and uses plate solving to workout where it is pointing to and that’s it. Then select something using the plantarium app that you  want to look at and it guides you to  the target using arrows on the screen and tells you when you have reached the target. 

Push to made easy.

20BC9D9F-0CE3-4E77-877E-5E6425301901.png

86C0FBF2-A9A5-493F-BC66-32C3B07A4821.jpeg

this is very interesting!

Do you have to accurately align the phone/holder to your scope like a finder or can you use the software to select your optical alignment by clicking on the target you see through scope? 

Edited by markse68

When you turn it on point the  scope to a bright star then centre the star on the phone screen in the crosshairs on the screen.by swiping your finger across the screen..You just have to align the image with the scope rather than aligning the phone holder with the scope. The more accurately you align the image the more accurate the push to will be.

I’ll be using a reticle eyepiece to centre the star in the scope first.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, johninderby said:

When you turn it on point the  scope to a bright star then centre the star on the phone screen in the crosshairs on the screen.by swiping your finger across the screen..You just have to align the image with the scope rather than aligning the phone holder with the scope. The more accurately you align the image the more accurate the push to will be.

I’ll be using a reticle eyepiece to centre the star in the scope first.

This is very exciting technology- I hope they bring out a stand-alone version or better still someone does something that’ll work with sky safari etc- a little standalone wifi/bluetooth linked camera would be even better so you could hold the phone in your hand

The Starsense app was developed by the same company that makes SkySafari and is based on SkySafari with added features.

The Starsense Explorer LT70 has been removed from Celestrons Starsense Explorer section of their website so it looks like it may have been discontinued. 🙁

https://www.celestron.com/collections/starsense-explorer-smartphone-app-enabled-telescopes

Edited by johninderby
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, johninderby said:

The Starsense app was developed by the same company that makes SkySafari and is based on SkySafari with added features.

The Starsense Explorer LT70 has been removed from Celestrons Starsense Explorer section of their website so it looks like it may have been discontinued. 🙁

https://www.celestron.com/collections/starsense-explorer-smartphone-app-enabled-telescopes

Have you made the finder bracket yet John?

5 hours ago, johninderby said:

Not from the sponsor but 24 available in NL

F4EE4796-5E6D-498A-8276-54534AC88868.png

Some silicone/rubber end caps for the following e/p's... 

TeleVue 13mm Nagler type 1
https://www.nipon-scope.com/lens-caps-covers/60mm-lens-cap-cover-for-telescopes-spotting-scopes-binoculars-or-monocular-b-60x14mm-b-.-rubber.-fit-59-61mm-lens

Meade 8.8mm UWA series 4000
https://www.nipon-scope.com/55mm-lens-cap

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sky-searcher said:

35mm film canisters, desiccant packs & M6 countersink bolts. Canisters fit snug into 1.25 adapters & make cheap desiccant caps.

4924DDCA-0709-40B2-90D3-DD46C80BC687.jpeg

I hope these bags dont lose fibre etc

oh i see canisters.  Didnt know what they were.  Understand it now🙂

Edited by Robindonne

I'm slowly learning PixInsight using the excellent Light Vortex online tutorial, Warren Keller's (difficult to use) book and of course, the video tutorials from Harrysastroshed.  Also puchased on pre-order a few months ago Reogelio Benrnal Andreo's new two-part box set of books - Mastering PixInsight & Reference Guide, which I've already been using online - but the real thing is always better and personally I find a book in my hands better than online for learning. 

It's therefore with great pleasure the postman today delivered from Taiwan (that's the books not the postman!) the said books, which are very well produced and packaged.  They look very promising and I especially like the reference edtion, which I've already found useful when working with the previously named learning sources in order to clarify points.  Still a long way to go but now armed with the help of all these facilties how can I fail? Famous last words!

Graham

IMG_20200916_140203151.jpg

• Like 6