Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 18/12/2018 at 11:16, R26 oldtimer said:

The ED120 has arrived!

IMG_20181218_125431.thumb.jpg.81eeb9fb15de8e9db53c82084b4d366f.jpgIMG_20181218_125749.thumb.jpg.c1867ba30b659e1c3a9269c13566cfe4.jpg

It was a nice surprise to find out that it comes with a RACI finder instead of a straight through one.

Now I need for the sky to clear so I can test it side by side on the AZeq5, with my bresser 127L.

Enjoy the 120 ed. I've owned one for almost  4 years. And love it. 

Later on you may consider an upgrade for the focuser to a moonlite. 

• Like 1

Not long now to receive parcels under the guise of doing your Christmas shopping...

18 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

8 Yr old. About 50 euros. I'll have some of that please. 

50 euros! Cripes you could get a special bottle a Glenfiddich or Laphroaig for far less than that!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Not long now to receive parcels under the guise of doing your Christmas shopping...

Hmmmm hopefully my wife won’t question the fact that she has 4 Christmas presents but the post girl has delivered around 10 parcels over the last fortnight ! 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, GavStar said:

Lovely Nicos! Your initial thoughts??

I’ll do first light tonight and start a thread. Speaking in terms of the product (not the quality of views) mostly impressed, but with a couple of things that I feel could be done differently. 

Above all, I am a visual observer, so my needs regarding some aspects are different to an imager’s needs. More in a separate thread. 

For the time being, wishes for a Merry Christmas to everybody and keep the posts coming - this is a very enjoyable thread!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Is that a display case for all your astro kit behind you, John? ?

Unfortunately not - I have to make do with aluminum cases. Moy other half seems to have crammed the cabinets with bric-a-brac ! :rolleyes2:

• Haha 5

.......another marvellous Sky & Telescope's Field Map of the Moon.

I already have the Mirror Image version, for use with the frac and SCT, but it's a little awkward when using the Dob since that gives 180deg of rotation.  This latest one doesn't give that rotation - it's non-inverting, i.e. for binocular use, so has to be turned upside down to match the view in a reflector.

Pics attached, including a shot of the NE quadrant, ready for use!

Doug.

P1060755.JPG

P1060756.JPG

P1060757.JPG

Edited by cloudsweeper
  • Like 3

Ducks Back breathable waterproof cover for the mount. Predominantly for storage in the garage but choose a bigger one for the times if the weather catches me out and I can throw it over and get it back inside. 

Size 6 which is, length 75cm/width 45cm/height 75cm. 

Its on a HEQ5. 

E789121D-83AC-433C-BF39-24F7DBE592BB.jpeg

CD33CB39-C014-4EB5-B5F2-B0BEF81E04E7.jpeg

• Like 2