SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Spring Gathering 2018

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:43, TheMightyKong said:

Hi Mike,

I'm coming from Newcastle, so not as far as most (and prob from somewhere not too far from you?). Look forward to meeting everyone too.  I did read through some of the threads, it seems it's byo whiskey ?

Is the nearest supermarket for food shopping in Wigtown?

Thanks,

Rishi

There is a reasonable sized Tesco situated in Castle Douglas, just off the A75. Take the 1st exit off the roundabout, a mile on the Tesco is on  the LHS. Road goes through the town and then back out onto the A75 :-)

3 hours ago, Uplooker said:

There is a reasonable sized Tesco situated in Castle Douglas, just off the A75. Take the 1st exit off the roundabout, a mile on the Tesco is on  the LHS. Road goes through the town and then back out onto the A75 :-)

That’s where we normally stop and pick up “fresh sandwiches” as well.

Sandra and I willl be arriving on 15th March and leaving the following Thursday,  So let’s hope the weather is better this year.

Andy

14 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Ian,you have been quiet of late, hope you have has some clear skies down your way,not long to go now,

Regards

Mike

Sometimes it’s better not to say anything and look stupid, rather than open your mouth and confirm it.

Weather has been guff and have done very little Astro stuff ?

I am certainly looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

I'll possibly be there Tuesday 20th to Monday 26th

I'm off from thursday the 15th so might even make it up earlier although might do a night or two somewhere else over that weekend. 

Been out once since last November 

I have just booked for Tue, Wed and Thurs night. I will be living in luxury this time as I have just bought a motor home and have booked electric hookup. No tent to put up and take down. Looking forward to seeing everyone that I met last time.

On 06/02/2018 at 19:41, Demon Barber said:

Hope you and Sandra are keeping well ,looking forward to catching up with you,

Regards

Mike

I was keeping well til you asked.   Within 24 hours I was in an ambulance to the RVI.

Excellent service from the many NHS staff involved during the period. Diagnosis was Septicemia  and I am now back home convalescing. So I hope to be fit enough by March

Hi everyone.

Sorry to miss the fun and games. Will not be coming to the Star Party. Selling up and moving elsewhere. Caravan going as well.

Sort of worries me all this talk about bringing "a bottle" err maybe increase that to "a few" would be more in keeping :icon_biggrin:

Hope it all goes well for you all.

Derek

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

Hi everyone.

Sorry to miss the fun and games. Will not be coming to the Star Party. Selling up and moving elsewhere. Caravan going as well.

Sort of worries me all this talk about bringing "a bottle" err maybe increase that to "a few" would be more in keeping :icon_biggrin:

Derek

What :eek:.

The party won't be the same without the shields gazette and the Charm and Wit that comes with it :hiding:

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:13, Physopto said:

Hi everyone.

Derek

Sorry to here that Darren. Where you off to? Will the new pad be capable of hosting a new SP? Are you going back to basics and camping in the future, now that the queue causing home on wheels is a thing of the past :icon_biggrin:

Hi folks,hope you all good...im hoping to do Thur's to Mon this Year as Sunday's always a cracker if you dont stay.

Sorry to hear you won't be with us Derek...at least you have a worthy excuse this time.

Goodluck all and see you soon.

Kenny.

Archived