Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Demon Barber

Galloway Spring Gathering 2018

Thanks Mike

i will keep checking back hopefully I won't be on holiday again

as I have been for the last 2 years I quite fancy a trip to Galloway 

Mike

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:43, TheMightyKong said:

Hi Mike,

I'm coming from Newcastle, so not as far as most (and prob from somewhere not too far from you?). Look forward to meeting everyone too.  I did read through some of the threads, it seems it's byo whiskey ?

Is the nearest supermarket for food shopping in Wigtown?

Thanks,

Rishi

There is a reasonable sized Tesco situated in Castle Douglas, just off the A75. Take the 1st exit off the roundabout, a mile on the Tesco is on  the LHS. Road goes through the town and then back out onto the A75 :-)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Uplooker said:

There is a reasonable sized Tesco situated in Castle Douglas, just off the A75. Take the 1st exit off the roundabout, a mile on the Tesco is on  the LHS. Road goes through the town and then back out onto the A75 :-)

That’s where we normally stop and pick up “fresh sandwiches” as well.

Sandra and I willl be arriving on 15th March and leaving the following Thursday,  So let’s hope the weather is better this year.

Andy

Hi Andy,your not hoping for much then :icon_biggrin: ,our luck cannot be that bad,can it?

Hope you and Sandra are keeping well ,looking forward to catching up with you,

Regards

Mike

Hi Ian,you have been quiet of late, hope you have has some clear skies down your way,not long to go now,

Regards

Mike

14 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Ian,you have been quiet of late, hope you have has some clear skies down your way,not long to go now,

Regards

Mike

Sometimes it’s better not to say anything and look stupid, rather than open your mouth and confirm it.

Weather has been guff and have done very little Astro stuff ?

I am certainly looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

• Like 1

I'll possibly be there Tuesday 20th to Monday 26th

I'm off from thursday the 15th so might even make it up earlier although might do a night or two somewhere else over that weekend. 

Been out once since last November 

I have just booked for Tue, Wed and Thurs night. I will be living in luxury this time as I have just bought a motor home and have booked electric hookup. No tent to put up and take down. Looking forward to seeing everyone that I met last time.

Hi,is it Dave?,look forward to catching up with you,good move getting the motor home you will not know yourself!!

Regards

Mike

On 06/02/2018 at 19:41, Demon Barber said:

Hope you and Sandra are keeping well ,looking forward to catching up with you,

Regards

Mike

I was keeping well til you asked.   Within 24 hours I was in an ambulance to the RVI.

Excellent service from the many NHS staff involved during the period. Diagnosis was Septicemia  and I am now back home convalescing. So I hope to be fit enough by March

Edited by AndyKeogh
Incomplete sentence

Hi Andy,nowt to do with me,honest!!!! Glad your on the mend,where would we be without the NHS.

Hope you make it,looking forward to catching up with you,

Regards

Mike

Hi everyone.

Sorry to miss the fun and games. Will not be coming to the Star Party. Selling up and moving elsewhere. Caravan going as well.

Sort of worries me all this talk about bringing "a bottle" err maybe increase that to "a few" would be more in keeping :icon_biggrin:

Hope it all goes well for you all.

Derek

• Sad 1

Sadly due to other commitments I won’t be attending now alas. :( 

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

Hi everyone.

Sorry to miss the fun and games. Will not be coming to the Star Party. Selling up and moving elsewhere. Caravan going as well.

Sort of worries me all this talk about bringing "a bottle" err maybe increase that to "a few" would be more in keeping :icon_biggrin:

Derek

What :eek:.

The party won't be the same without the shields gazette and the Charm and Wit that comes with it :hiding:

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:13, Physopto said:

Hi everyone.

Derek

Sorry to here that Darren. Where you off to? Will the new pad be capable of hosting a new SP? Are you going back to basics and camping in the future, now that the queue causing home on wheels is a thing of the past :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Not good m8 the malt tasting will never be the same, especially that nice macallan you had, the one James from FLO liked so much, take it easy m8 yul be missed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Might have to send a reminder bottle of the MacAllan just to annoy you all. Have an even worse (sorry better) Japanese one. Been sitting in the back of a cupboard  for a long long long time.....

:evil4:

Derek or is it Darren Ian ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, estwing said:

Catching anything anyone?

Flu ......

Hoping to be fit for the Star Parties in March......?

Hi folks,hope you all good...im hoping to do Thur's to Mon this Year as Sunday's always a cracker if you dont stay.

Sorry to hear you won't be with us Derek...at least you have a worthy excuse this time.

Goodluck all and see you soon.

Kenny.

• Like 2