Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

SGL 2017 SP

Demon Barber

Galloway Spring Gathering 2018

Demon Barber    616

Hello All ,here is an  early entry for your diaries!!! I am once again pleased to announce the dates for the 2018  Galloway Spring Gathering to be held from Monday 19th March 2018 until Sunday 25th March 2018,a move away from our usual February date to coincide with the Kielder spring bash.Running back to back gives people with a long journey a chance of a long stay without too long a haul.

Given the inclement weather conditions this year we may fair rather better.:icon_biggrin: Well we can hope.

The location for Scotland`s Premier Star Camp is the award winning http://www.drumroamin.co.uk/ campsite ,and as usual our hosts Lesley and Ralph Shell will be on hand to provide us with  a fantastic location,superb facilities and their renowned hospitality,all the bookings will be handled direct with the campsite.

Always popular are the electric hookups book early to avoid disappointment ,any questions feel free to email me or Lesley at enquiry@drumroamin.co.uk.

You can as always come earlier and stay longer,see you all in March,or if you need reminding November this year.

Regards

Mike

• Like 2

Adrian Condon    259

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the date, I was planning on phoning you this morning to establish the dates, because I am about to book 2 days at Astrofest in February.

To those who are wondering whether to go to Scotland for stargazing in March 2018, the answer is a no-brainer    YES

Cheers

Adrian

Edited by Adrian Condon
am in wrong place

Demon Barber    616

Hi Gus,do not know where your looking,but i assure you it is not,ring Lesley direct if you would like to book,

Regards

Mike

Knighty2112    2,148
2 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Gus,do not know where your looking,but i assure you it is not,ring Lesley direct if you would like to book,

Regards

Mike

I went to their webpage and looked there, but I'vejust  sent them an email.

Uplooker    1,251

Great job Mike. I suspect I will book with Leslie when I am there in Nov. Hope you are keeping well. I look forward to seeing you and the usual suspect, and hopefully some new, in November.

• Sad 1

Demon Barber    616

Hi Ian,no worries,November will come around fast, health debatable, the usual suspect is keeping ok as well,the pie order will be going in shortly, looking forward to catching up with you and the gang,

Regards

Mike

Uplooker    1,251

I must remember to bring a towel, and return the one I borrowed from you in Feb 😬

Uplooker    1,251
5 hours ago, estwing said:

Fancy this....

You need to get there, if nothing else, so that other people want to look through your pie measuring device and Mappy can get some peace to look through his 😬

• Haha 1

Knighty2112    2,148

Booked my three nights for Thursday to leave on Sunday. Now just need to order up some long Johns for those chilly nights! Or better still a bottle or two of some Glenfidich whisky! Hehe! ;) 

• Like 1

Uplooker    1,251
16 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Booked my three nights for Thursday to leave on Sunday. Now just need to order up some long Johns for those chilly nights! Or better still a bottle or two of some Glenfidich whisky! Hehe! ;) 

Great job! As well as the long johns, don't forget the whiskey. Scotch or Irish, we not fussy. Well, not that fussy😎

• Like 2

mapstar    5,454
1 hour ago, estwing said:

Do I have to bring my own pies?

Just tent and scope Calv :thumbright:

• Like 1

Uplooker    1,251
2 hours ago, mapstar said:

Just tent and scope Calv :thumbright:

And food, not necessarily pies, but I am not cooking for everyone!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

mapstar    5,454
1 hour ago, Uplooker said:

And food, not necessarily pies, but I am not cooking for everyone!!!!!

:laughing4:

mapstar    5,454
10 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

We`ve even tried Chinese whiskey!!!!!!!!! It was well-------- on offer :icon_biggrin:

Mike 

Thought it was Japanese Mike? 

Demon Barber    616

Ah so, you were paying attention Damian , i still have the bottle and will bring it with me for emergencies,!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

• Like 2

Physopto    1,451
46 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Thought it was Japanese Mike? 

He's getting on you know ! 😂

• Haha 1

Physopto    1,451
18 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Ah so, you were paying attention Damian , i still have the bottle and will bring it with me for emergencies,!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Chinese, or Japanese. It will have to be some dreadful emergency 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1