Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Demon Barber

Galloway Spring Gathering 2018

Brilliant stuff Kenny 

Not decided when I'm arriving yet as I might make it up monday or do the mini peak party the weekend before and then head up Tuesday/Wednesday 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Brilliant stuff Kenny 

Not decided when I'm arriving yet as I might make it up monday or do the mini peak party the weekend before and then head up Tuesday/Wednesday 

Nice one Damian or is it Darren!!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kenny k said:

Nice one Damian or is it Darren!!!

No, he is definitely Damian. It’s the other bloke that’s Darren.

You lot must have started on the water of life early,or maybe just practicing, or are all you just bored!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you a bloke called Darren came to see me last week,he was a dead ringer for Derek.:icon_biggrin:

Regards

Mike

Edited by Demon Barber
Life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

No, he is definitely Damian. It’s the other bloke that’s Darren.

Don't think I know Darren,whats he look like.

1 minute ago, Uplooker said:

Glasses, dark hair, Geordie, likes whisky ?

Aahhh Derek...yeah I know him!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

You lot must have started on the water of life early,or maybe just practicing, or are all you just bored!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you a bloke called Darren came to see me last week,he was a dead ringer for Derek.:icon_biggrin:

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike...hope your well,sorry I didn't get back to you,did you get your lighting sorted.Been busy with new job.

Hi Kenny,yeah i`m not to bad,a bloke called Darren helped me out ,   tee hee  I`m nearly in carpets coming next week,wardrobes as well,supposed to be going over to Keswick at the weekend to pickup a Slate hearth and surround,then it`s a new observatory,you keeping ok?

See you next monrh

Mike

• Like 1

On 20/02/2018 at 18:05, kenny k said:

Hi folks,hope you all good...im hoping to do Thur's to Mon this Year as Sunday's always a cracker if you dont stay.

Sorry to hear you won't be with us Derek...at least you have a worthy excuse this time.

Goodluck all and see you soon.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny, hope you and everyone have a better time of it this time there. I am hopeing it will be good weather throughout.

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon Barber said:

" tee hee  I`m nearly in carpets"

Why does yer want ter be in a carpet ? ?

18 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Kenny,yeah i`m not to bad,a bloke called Darren helped me out ,   tee hee  I`m nearly in carpets coming next week,wardrobes as well,supposed to be going over to Keswick at the weekend to pickup a Slate hearth and surround,then it`s a new observatory,you keeping ok?

See you next monrh

Mike

Yes Mike I'm good...looking forward to the SP.

A recon Derek is comming as Darren, in cogneto so tae speak. How all you guys doing hope yuv all been doing plenty gazing on Mikes case glazing. ? are the pies ordered.

Edited by jamie56
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

All o.k. this way out but not much on the gazing front since November :hmh:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mapstar said:

All o.k. this way out but not much on the gazing front since November :hmh:

Same here?. All good this end. I must say I am curious as to what the viewing will be like at Galloway, in a couple of weeks time, as when I have been leaving for work at 0600hrs I have been surprised at how bright it is ?

• Like 1

Hi Ian was kind of wondering that too, still hopefully a good few hours late nite and  early mornings, it's been terrible here also very little done . 

13 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Same here?. All good this end. I must say I am curious as to what the viewing will be like at Galloway, in a couple of weeks time, as when I have been leaving for work at 0600hrs I have been surprised at how bright it is ?

Well on the 22nd March there should be about 7.5 hours of astronomical darkness.  There will however be a 30% moon which sets a little after midnight (00:40). So there will be 3.5 hours of real A.D.  Excludes clouds rain etc.

Surely   The weather has to be better than the last 6 months.

Andy

Hello Guys

We hope that you are all surviving these Winter conditions and getting some viewing and imaging done? It was a very good here last weekend,  we had two great clear nights on the Saturday and Sunday. Our society had quite a few of our island residents at our stargazing events in the South of the island. Even with the Moon nearly in all its glory, a good time was had by all. We must have had about 150 islanders viewing the night skies even though the the temperatures were below -1 degrees C.

I am sorry but I have got to ask this question guys, has anyone heard of how Lesley's campsite is coping with these cold and snowy conditions please?

Christina and I are hoping all goes well for the event and we should be on the site on Monday afternoon (19/03/18) for the whole week if everything goes well...

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - Isle of Man

Hi Haydn, just spoke with campsite,field frozen but had been drying out ok,very little snow so fingers crossed again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and Christina are well?

See you both there take care

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Haydn, just spoke with campsite,field frozen but had been drying out ok,very little snow so fingers crossed again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and Christina are well?

See you both there take care

Regards

Mike

Hello Mike

Thanks for the message.  Christina and I are keeping well thanks, we hope you are keeping well and warm too?

Not heard anything from Adrian for ages, not seen any posts from him either. I tried ringing him Christmas time, but no answer. I don't even know has he signed up the GSP this month either?

Take care, hope to see you in just over two weeks time.

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - IOM