Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Spring Gathering 2018

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Brilliant stuff Kenny 

Not decided when I'm arriving yet as I might make it up monday or do the mini peak party the weekend before and then head up Tuesday/Wednesday 

Nice one Damian or is it Darren!!!

20 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

You lot must have started on the water of life early,or maybe just practicing, or are all you just bored!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you a bloke called Darren came to see me last week,he was a dead ringer for Derek.:icon_biggrin:

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike...hope your well,sorry I didn't get back to you,did you get your lighting sorted.Been busy with new job.

Hi Kenny,yeah i`m not to bad,a bloke called Darren helped me out ,   tee hee  I`m nearly in carpets coming next week,wardrobes as well,supposed to be going over to Keswick at the weekend to pickup a Slate hearth and surround,then it`s a new observatory,you keeping ok?

See you next monrh

Mike

On 20/02/2018 at 18:05, kenny k said:

Hi folks,hope you all good...im hoping to do Thur's to Mon this Year as Sunday's always a cracker if you dont stay.

Sorry to hear you won't be with us Derek...at least you have a worthy excuse this time.

Goodluck all and see you soon.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny, hope you and everyone have a better time of it this time there. I am hopeing it will be good weather throughout.

Derek

18 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Kenny,yeah i`m not to bad,a bloke called Darren helped me out ,   tee hee  I`m nearly in carpets coming next week,wardrobes as well,supposed to be going over to Keswick at the weekend to pickup a Slate hearth and surround,then it`s a new observatory,you keeping ok?

See you next monrh

Mike

Yes Mike I'm good...looking forward to the SP.

30 minutes ago, mapstar said:

All o.k. this way out but not much on the gazing front since November :hmh:

Same here?. All good this end. I must say I am curious as to what the viewing will be like at Galloway, in a couple of weeks time, as when I have been leaving for work at 0600hrs I have been surprised at how bright it is ?

13 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Same here?. All good this end. I must say I am curious as to what the viewing will be like at Galloway, in a couple of weeks time, as when I have been leaving for work at 0600hrs I have been surprised at how bright it is ?

Well on the 22nd March there should be about 7.5 hours of astronomical darkness.  There will however be a 30% moon which sets a little after midnight (00:40). So there will be 3.5 hours of real A.D.  Excludes clouds rain etc.

Surely   The weather has to be better than the last 6 months.

Andy

Hello Guys

We hope that you are all surviving these Winter conditions and getting some viewing and imaging done? It was a very good here last weekend,  we had two great clear nights on the Saturday and Sunday. Our society had quite a few of our island residents at our stargazing events in the South of the island. Even with the Moon nearly in all its glory, a good time was had by all. We must have had about 150 islanders viewing the night skies even though the the temperatures were below -1 degrees C.

I am sorry but I have got to ask this question guys, has anyone heard of how Lesley's campsite is coping with these cold and snowy conditions please?

Christina and I are hoping all goes well for the event and we should be on the site on Monday afternoon (19/03/18) for the whole week if everything goes well...

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - Isle of Man

18 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Haydn, just spoke with campsite,field frozen but had been drying out ok,very little snow so fingers crossed again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and Christina are well?

See you both there take care

Regards

Mike

Hello Mike

Thanks for the message.  Christina and I are keeping well thanks, we hope you are keeping well and warm too?

Not heard anything from Adrian for ages, not seen any posts from him either. I tried ringing him Christmas time, but no answer. I don't even know has he signed up the GSP this month either?

Take care, hope to see you in just over two weeks time.

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - IOM

Archived