Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Spring Gathering 2016.

Hi Jonathan,by you get around!!!! The site is very good at  draining and the mesh at the entrance helps.

Carrick is a fabulous for viewing and way back i have done a few rallies in the area,i know what you mean about the darkness and of course the rain will have washed all  the muck out . You will have to post a photo just  to show everyone what a treat they are in for  :icon_biggrin:.

Are you up for the spring do?

Catch up with you sometime,

Regards

Mike 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'm looking forward to the Spring do. Galloway is such a great place for astronomy & it'll be great to meet up with everyone again.

I failed miserably imaging with the Takahashi in the last few days due to a faulty USB cable, but played around with the Astrotrac at the campsite & also did some star trail stuff, which I'm trying to process now.

Hi All,just a reminder to anyone who fancies a couple of nights under the winter skies of South West Scotland that there are still pitches available ,the weather seems to be favoring cold weather and hopefully clear skies, well with any luck!!!!!

Regards

Mike

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time - decided to spend more on my daughter's 21st party instead!

Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it Shane, hope you and you're daughter enjoy the party (you are invited, aren't you?). Maybe see you at the Autumn gathering :icon_biggrin:

That would be a shame Damian. After all your hard work. Still no point in rushing. It will take time to make the shroud holder for the mirror. But from our talk you know exactly what you want and that is probably more than half the problem.

Still there is allways November. ;)

Derek

That would be a shame Damian. After all your hard work. Still no point in rushing. It will take time to make the shroud holder for the mirror. But from our talk you know exactly what you want and that is probably more than half the problem.

Still there is allways November. ;)

Derek

Placed my order but certain things are out of stock so as usual I'm waiting for someone else?

Still I have the light shroud to be sorting so will get on with that.

Here's one I did a couple of weeks ago from the campsite around January's new moon looking towards Newton Stewart. I'm pretty sure that the lights in the nearby village dimmed around 23:00, but it was a really nice dark sky. This pic was umpteen jpegs at around 12 secs, ISO1000 F5-ish with a Canon 8-15mm L zoom and Canon 5dMk2, stitched together using Startrails. I'm pretty sure I've now sorted the problem I was having with my main rig - a dodgy USB cable - so I'm looking forward to the gathering now!

StartrailsNS.jpg

Archived