SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gallloway Gathering Spring 2019

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/02/2019 at 09:19, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Folks,

Glad you all arrived safe and sound.

It is a special skill to erect a tent in gale force wind!

You are fortunate, that I shall not be attending this event. I have to be at the Hospice of St Francis 40th Anniversary Dinner Dance at Hadfield House on Saturday night.

I will be attending the Autumn event.........

I hope you have clear skies, tonight according to Scope Night will be clear from 18:00 Monday till 09:00 am Tuesday.

Tuesday 18:00 till 03:00am  Wednesday will be mostly clear.

The rest of the week does not look brilliant.... But the weather can change......else its back to whiskey tasting sessions!!

Have a great time...

Adrian

Whisky?

We are not proud and both whisky/whiskey are being sampled as we wait for the skies to clear the wind has died down and the temperature has dropped,tea`s are in the oven, i will of course post any pics we get!!!!!! ?

Regards

Mike

Arrived yesterday in dull but dry conditions. Uplooker helped me set up the tent but the scope remained in the car.

The weather didn't improve so we resorted to sampling a few swallies to pass the hours.

Up and about early to a damp but bright morning with a few clear spells. The forecast later shows a few clear hours after 6pm. Fingers crossed.

Breakfast time :wink:

Popped over to Dunroamin today to catch up with some of the usual reprobates. Great to see everyone was enjoying their time in the wind and rain. 

Got back over to Port Patrick way to find out that there had been a 6 hour power cut. So much for a meal out!

BUT the skies cleared in the 40 mile an hour plus winds, to show a very clear sky. Took a light meter reading and it was around 21.3. Not too bad at all. For those going back home tomorrow, have a safe journey. 

See you all at  the Autumn  camp to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

Derek

Arrived home 20mins ago  after an uneventful 4 hour drive.

The weather steadily got worse the further down the country I got and it's grey and coming down in buckets here. 

Forecast looks good for Thursday up there but decided to cut my stay short as the forecast for all the other days looked terrible. 

Last nights winds really tested the tent pegs and poles. Julian wasn't as lucky. Hope he got home o.k. 

Hope everyone's got home safe and I booked for the 10th anniversary bash in the autumn as I left :wink:

Grand. Back safe and sound, car unpacked and just made a chicken casserole for tonight’s tea ?

Weather didn’t play ball but enjoying meeting up with everyone. Only managed 10x50 bins on Saturday.

As Damian says, weather got progressively worse the further south you got

Back home now all sorted out trip home ok wee detour via ayr as A77 closed at Maybole,  another good star camp couple of days at start of week excellent,  great catching up with the usual culprits,  and the mad prof put in an appearance as well?? great seeing you and Annette again, looking forward to Autumn event , and should be a cracker as 10th anniversary one. Good on ye Mike yer a true star, 

1 hour ago, Uplooker said:

Grand. Back safe and sound, car unpacked and just made a chicken casserole for tonight’s tea ?

Weather didn’t play ball but enjoying meeting up with everyone. Only managed 10x50 bins on Saturday.

As Damian says, weather got progressively worse the further south you got

Sorry never got chance to say cheerio think you was in the shower's 

8 hours ago, Physopto said:

Mike, did any of you manage to get anything last night? 

The wind did drop for a short while before we left, so I was hoping for you all.

???

By the way just found out it is British Pie week ???

http://www.national-awareness-days.com/british-pie-week/

Hi Derek Yea I got soaked does that count,????? see you in the Autumn,  I believe your " T " total now ?? will give you a call later,

Sorry, I had to rush, but after driving through the night, down to South Wales, I've now managed to arrive home, in Surrey, safe & sound.

Now looking for suppliers of steel poles, which unfortunately will need to be pre-bent, but I'm looking forward to the 10th Anniversary camp....

Good luck to you all.

1 hour ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Sorry, I had to rush, but after driving through the night, down to South Wales, I've now managed to arrive home, in Surrey, safe & sound.

Now looking for suppliers of steel poles, which unfortunately will need to be pre-bent, but I'm looking forward to the 10th Anniversary camp....

Good luck to you all.

Hi Julian glad you made it back safe, hope you get sorted out with new poles, thanks again for use of the adapter,  see you in the Autumn. 

Archived