NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Galloway Gathering Feb 2015

Hi Damian,hope your keeping ok? Mirror coming on ok?

Your more than welcome to use me Obsession if yer getting withdrawal symptoms :grin: if we get clear cold nights it will be well worth the trip up, scope or not.,can easily rig up a dew heater on the big bins,so you`ve got no exscuse for not coming :evil: .

Just hope the weather plays ball.

Hope to see you there if not i`ll look forward to seeing you in Nov!!!

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the kind offer Mike.

I'd actually booked the holidays at work which are still in so I may make the trip up still.

You'll know as I'll probably walk thorough the door as the food is being plated up! ;-)

Damian

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope to make a booking in the next few days. Only able to make the Fri & Sat nights. I will say one thing, I am certainly going to buy a big screw to put into the ground and a turn-buckle to hold my mount and scope in place. Can't be doing with the wind blowing my kit over again, got away with it once, don't think I will again.

Looking forward to meeting some people that were at the Nov party again and some new faces :grin:

Ian

Hi Ian,

I'll try to bring another ground anchor, maybe a bigger one this time!

Hope to see you there.

Derek

Hope to make a booking in the next few days. Only able to make the Fri & Sat nights. I will say one thing, I am certainly going to buy a big screw to put into the ground and a turn-buckle to hold my mount and scope in place. Can't be doing with the wind blowing my kit over again, got away with it once, don't think I will again.

Looking forward to meeting some people that were at the Nov party again and some new faces :grin:

Ian

Hi Ian  a dog tether screw and a small cargo ratchet strap is cheap and simples and very effective  :- just a thought

Regards & CSs         Robin

Hi Ian  a dog tether screw and a small cargo ratchet strap is cheap and simples and very effective  :- just a thought

Regards & CSs         Robin

Hi Robin,

Derek (Physopto) was very good and lent me a dog tether screw at the Nov party and I managed to snap it in two as i screwed it into the ground, obviously didn't know mae own strength :-)

Derek, are you going in Feb?

Robin, did I meet you in Nov as well? Sorry I am really carp with names

Ian

Hi Ian I do not think we have met I only did  I think it was the first three  Galloway camps  I was with Mike 

in the big caravan  But like yourself  I am some form of coarse fish and only remember one or two of the people I met by name

Regards  Robin

Hi Robin,

Derek (Physopto) was very good and lent me a dog tether screw at the Nov party and I managed to snap it in two as i screwed it into the ground, obviously didn't know mae own strength :-)

Derek, are you going in Feb?

Robin, did I meet you in Nov as well? Sorry I am really carp with names

Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes, I will be at Galloway in February all being well. Be great to see you and every one again, plus hopefully some new faces. Just hope the wind, cloud etc., has B£$"*D off by then!

Derek

Hi Ian,

Yes, I will be at Galloway in February all being well. Be great to see you and every one again, plus hopefully some new faces. Just hope the wind, cloud etc., has B£$"*D off by then!

Derek

Excellent news Derek, I look forward to enjoying your company again.

Ian

Kieran,you have surpassed yourself,a very nice compilation,i like the variety of stills,video and timelapse,very watchable,thanks for posting,all good publicity for Astronomy,and shows off the campsite location in a very favourable light,arevyou up for Feb`s do or are you aiming for Novembers?

Look forward to catching up with you,take care,

Regards

Mike

For anyone not still following the 2014 post here is the Galloway Star Party 2014 Video.

Hi Kieran,

I was wondering when it would grace the SGL pages.

Excellent time lapse, enjoyed it. Wife liked the music (and me). 30" monitor looks good! We'll all miss you in February I'm sure. Mike has assured me that he has  arranged for clear weather.

Regards,

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

its a shame galloway and kielder are on at the same time can,t do both, dennis.

its a shame galloway and kielder are on at the same time can,t do both, dennis.

Hi Dennis,

Yes Galloway was arranged at a time when Kielder was advertised as in March. Then  unfortunately just after it was arranged, the Kielder date was brought forwards by a month. By then it was too late to alter the dates as people had agreed to go to Galloway. Would have caused too many problems. I cancelled Kielder as I had promised to go to Galloway much earlier. So I am with you, cannot do both! It will only be the second Kielder I have missed in the last 6/7 years. A bit of a bummer!

But there is always the next one :smiley: .

Hope Kielder  has good weather for every one.

Regards,

Derek

Camping in February ! In Scotland !! Crazy people !!! (though I am slightly envious)

By an amazing coincidence (no really) we have booked a weeks holiday here at the end of May and plan to take our little girls 100P - Moon will be kinda full but looks like we made a good choice :)

Don't suppose there will be any other sky watcher folks there w/c 23 May?

Archived