Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

Anyone - Do they serve proper coffee in the cafe? Warm & brown doesn't cut it unless it is with a properly dirty fry up.?

Paul

Yes, the coffee is very nice. You get the best of both worlds... good coffee and monster breakfasts, bordering on legendary (for those who have the appetite!).

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch.  That's a good question.  you can get the dates from your FLO account?  or from the e-mail confirmation.  That would be my first port of call.  From there, contact FLO as that's who the booking was through this year.

Anyone else going Saturday 5th to Sunday 13th?

I'm doing the whole nine days, reckon i'll get there for 9am on the saturday, breakfast & setup and then throw my work phone in the river :icon_biggrin:

Ive already a list as long as my arm for all the bits i have to get done beofre then.

Hi,

Not been before, but planning to this time. Dad with 3 year old twins though, so might only get a day pass :-). Is it free to simply turn up for the day.

P.S. - working on getting a weekend pass though :-)

Thanks

Alistair.

2 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Yes, the coffee is very nice. You get the best of both worlds... good coffee and monster breakfasts, bordering on legendary (for those who have the appetite!).

the  breakfasts are grate

2 hours ago, cjdawson said:

Ouch.  That's a good question.  you can get the dates from your FLO account?  or from the e-mail confirmation.  That would be my first port of call.  From there, contact FLO as that's who the booking was through this year.

thanks should have known that someone would know how to find out. see you all there

14 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

A glass of it?! I would not think thats a good idea :) not unless you are planning a trip to A&E....lol.

I will bring some weaker stuff this year that is to be drunk hot with sugar as well as the regular stronger stuff. I dare not heat up the strong stuff (it would become lethal :D ).

Cheers :drunken_smilie:

16 hours ago, AlistairW said:

Hi,

Not been before, but planning to this time. Dad with 3 year old twins though, so might only get a day pass :-). Is it free to simply turn up for the day.

P.S. - working on getting a weekend pass though :-)

Thanks

Alistair.

Yes, popping in for just the day is fine and free. However, if you are arriving or leaving after dark, and it is a clear night, we would ask you to park close to the site entrance so that your headlights do not disturb the star gazing and imaging :) 

2 hours ago, RikM said:

Yes, popping in for just the day is fine and free. However, if you are arriving or leaving after dark, and it is a clear night, we would ask you to park close to the site entrance so that your headlights do not disturb the star gazing and imaging :) 

clear night?....wont get chance to sample some of steve's firewater!

@Grant Thanks for updating the pict allocations.  Can see the amount of change and how everything is filling up, must have ended up being a real nightmare of a job, especally with the changes at the site meaning that there was a switch around because of that.    I for one am looking forward to the week even more now that I can see how full the place is getting.

Right now to make a shopping list for the week...

1. Jaffa cakes - bulk purchase.

2. Toffee Vodka. 

3. Buscuits - bulk purchase.

4. Milk, Teabags, coffee, sugar.

5. More Jaffa cakes

6. Beer

7. Even more Jaffa cakes.

What's the etiquette for arriving after dark?

I'll be heading up on the Friday after work and I'm planning on getting there before nightfall but just in case of traffic or delays at work I'd like to know what I should do if it's dark and clear when I get there.

(I'm tenting it up in Hare)

Cheers

6 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

What's the etiquette for arriving after dark?

I'll be heading up on the Friday after work and I'm planning on getting there before nightfall but just in case of traffic or delays at work I'd like to know what I should do if it's dark and clear when I get there.

(I'm tenting it up in Hare)

Cheers

Whatever you do, don't drive into and around the SGL area on full beam like somebody did a few years ago :icon_biggrin: It wasn't a pretty sight afterwards and took ages to get the blood out.

Seriously though, if you intend to arrive after dark park up by the entrance and wander down to the SGL area to see the best approach and get a few volunteers to help shift some stuff. 

Archived