Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DRT said:

I don't think the FLO guys are coming this year but I have noticed on previous occasions that they are keen to let people know that when they are at SGL events they are very much off duty and enjoying the rain and clouds as much as the rest of us :wink:

You could still bring some pennies along for the sale that happens on the Saturday. There should be a separate thread somewhere close to this one where people will post what they are bringing.

That makes sense and I don't blame them. 

Not long now ?

It is going to be fun. That really bright Jupiter is going to be centre stage every clear night of the party.

We perhaps can settle the age old question. What scope gives sharper planet images..A refractor or a large reflector with a suitable mask.

Mark

I am liking this GFS forecast for Sunday the 13th. Looking like we will still be in the current cool phase of weather so do bring lots of stuff to keep warm.

With a NW flow we might get a few good nights. Transparency with a NW polar maritime stream should be good and if the high blocks the jet stream we might get good seeing as well.

Mark

www.bristolweather.org.uk

Rtavn3841.gif

Agreed. We like the cold! The "camping plan" sounds very proffessional. I'll throw in an extra blanket or two, more socks and a couple of large bars of fruit & nut! May invest in a cheap electric blanket. My scope has electric dew heaters. So why not me?

Paul

On 27 February 2016 at 01:49, Paul73 said:

Agreed. We like the cold! The "camping plan" sounds very proffessional. I'll throw in an extra blanket or two, more socks and a couple of large bars of fruit & nut! May invest in a cheap electric blanket. My scope has electric dew heaters. So why not me?

Paul

My "camping plan" may be a bit of an oversell :) 

I like the blanket plan!

Just recovering from a bout of flu, I had forgotten how awful it can be, and this was despite having a flu jab which apparently doesn't cover all strains of flu.

Just glad it didn't come a week later or I'd have had to cancel the trip.  

Any-one got any ideas what the long range weather forecast is like as regards temperature?

Scrap that question just found Marks' chart earlier in the thread.

Carole

Sorry I'm being a bit dim.  I'm booked for No 66 Hare - but on the site map there seems to be an area called Hare on the left (next to Buzzard and KIngfisher), but plot 66 is over in the middle of the site. Just want to check where to head when I arrive. Thanks all.

8 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Ask at the welcome tent and they'll direct you, as long as you arrive at a sociable hour :)

Dave

Thanks Dave. It will definitely be a sociable hour as it takes me so long to put the tent up these days!

Archived