Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, faulksy said:

awsome that titch, thank you. was great to meet up again

Yup was great to see you all too, pity Batman didn't want to play though next time maybe? :evil6:

2 hours ago, estwing said:

Very good idea to do that with the lights perhaps others should follow 

Others did, I used those plastic postage bags that are black on the inside, taped over the lights with insulation tape. ?

On 15 March 2016 at 17:39, tich said:

Next time you get that refractor out Kerry for a spot of planetary then please don't be shy & give me a shout as I'm only 10 minutes away,  I'm still blown away by the view of Jupiter you were getting with it the details were spectacular.

Tich

I meant to respond to this sooner but it got last in all the SGL stuff. You would be welcome of course. After your life saving loan of the fan heater it's the least I can do! If we get some predictable clear weather I'll PM you my phone number be we'll sort something. 

Cheers

Kerry 

10 hours ago, estwing said:

Very good idea to do that with the lights perhaps others should follow 

I agree, Calvin, costs about £2 and takes 5 minutes to do and ensures no one throws anything at you :wink:

10 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

Tich

I meant to respond to this sooner but it got last in all the SGL stuff. You would be welcome of course. After your life saving loan of the fan heater it's the least I can do! If we get some predictable clear weather I'll PM you my phone number be we'll sort something. 

Cheers

Kerry 

That'll be great Kerry look forward to hearing from you, any evening would be ok as I finish work at a more predictable time these days so I'm able to make plans easily, even if they are last minute.

9 hours ago, Scott said:

the other option, empty your car on arrival so entry isn't necessary :D

I agree that's a great way to avoid the problem provided it suits the circumstances. I happened to be sleeping in a pod at the other end of the campsite and had £10k worth of stuff in easy to carry away cases in the boot of the car that I didn't fancy leaving open when I wasn't around. That's no criticism or lack of trust in SGLers, but there were other people wandering around the site at various times so I just chose  to follow the advice given by the organisers and took precautions to protect my gear. I'd be surprised if I was alone in doing this or something similar but might be wrong.

2 minutes ago, DRT said:

I agree that's a great way to avoid the problem provided it suits the circumstances. I happened to be sleeping in a pod at the other end of the campsite and had £10k worth of stuff in easy to carry away cases in the boot of the car that I didn't fancy leaving open when I wasn't around. That's no criticism or lack of trust in SGLers, but there were other people wandering around the site at various times so I just chose  to follow the advice given by the organisers and took precautions to protect my gear. I'd be surprised if I was alone in doing this or something similar but might be wrong.

There's more than one way to skin a cat Derek ?. I would probably have done the same as you in similar circumstances, but was sleeping in my tent and obviously as a minimalist observer had fewer cases to protect ??

Archived