Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging with the 130pds

Russe

I managed a couple of hours on M45 the other night while very clear. Took the opportunity to do some visual with my 200p dob. Luckily the below freezing temperature inhibited dewing on the 130's secondary.

M45_FinA15.jpg

Edited by Shaun_Astro
  • Like 4

cork is commonly used as a cushion for the mirror. if you look carefully there will be at least 3 cork pads. The one you can see might be a little out of position but the gap between the mirror bottom and the white aluminium cell should be even all round if they are in place.

search "cork in mirror cell" if you need more reassurance

If you want to see what a mirror cell looks like when the mirror is removed there is a 8 inch cell for sale on Ebay with pictures showing the three cork pads next to the collimation screws. Ebay number

Edited by Tomatobro
more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spaced Out said:

shower cap work OK

Hi. yes. Note, there's an elastic band to hold it in place.

These design types seem to have made the diameter of the cap stretch to the size of an average human head, with little regard for preventing light entering the mirror cell of a 130pds. Ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/12/2019 at 13:46, alacant said:

A dreamy rosette, but unfortunately running out of frame. The nebula extends further than suggested by kstars. Or -far more likely- I entered the focal length incorrectly in the first place. Maybe a two frame mosaic?

Comments for improvement always appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

829116262_1-roseta(copy).thumb.jpg.8e4df3a8debc2fadce8e7b19be203e14.jpg

It's a wonderful render of the rosette and the star colour is good. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, matt_baker said:
13 minutes ago, vernmid said:

Just the standard one that came with the scope.

Fair enough 😃

Sorry should've clarified, I meant for the guide scope

At a guess, and after carefully studying the photo for several seconds, I'd guess it's the same length as the standard one that came with the scope 🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Heizel said:

Last question- can i put this tube to celestron avx? Will handle it for ap well?

Yes, it's possible.

With careful balance, I've done 600s guided subs with that combination and a MILC/DSLR.

YMMV

9 hours ago, 8472 said:

Yes, it's possible.

With careful balance, I've done 600s guided subs with that combination and a MILC/DSLR.

YMMV

600 sek i think its enough lol  :) thanks

Edited by Heizel
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Galen Gilmore said:

I can't believe that this thread is still going strong after 111 pages of discussion and pictures.

Looking to get back into the astrophotography, anybody got any tips for keeping bright stars from blowing out? Especially in areas such as the Horse Head Nebula.

Welcome home Galen!

I've found that 99% of the time its really a case of being careful with stretches. Use curves not gamma and keep the upper part of the curve from levelling off.

image.png.491f57f8a1e6d331138dce4e294c104f.png

That way I've always managed to keep Alnitak separate from its companion, even with 5 minute exposures.

Of course it's easy with a Ha filter...

727300379_HOrsehead2yearsha.thumb.png.4848ed96c98b36831530501d51960a3f.png

Horsey Ha  faint stuff.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1