Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging with the 130pds

Russe

Hi guys,

having fallen in love with my 130pds, and seeing that I'm not the only one recently, I was thinking it would be nice if we posted our images made with a 130pds here.

It gives a nice reference point as well, as to what could be achievable (with better guiding, better camera, better weather...).

Well, here goes:

• Like 12

All images have been made with a Canon450D (unmodded), on a HEQ5 PRO goto, 9x50 finder guider (QHY5).

Me and my garden gnome:

get.jpg

several M51 crops:

get.jpg

get.jpg

get.jpg

M97 & 108:

get.jpg

M81 & M82 (& NGC3077):

get.jpg

M81 & M82 pre-SN:

get.jpg

few M74 crops:

get.jpg

get.jpg

dragon fly cluster:

get.jpg

and M33 crops:

get.jpg

get.jpg

Edited by Russe
  • Like 42

some really amazing pics in here! breathtaking from this little 130-pds :) ive not got a guiding setup yet, but only need 2 more pieces to the puzzle to be able to guide so hopefully not long,

12701312405_d6381552a4_c.jpg
12772962445_c75f7a1325_c.jpg
12772568275_ec82482a55_c.jpg
12701250484_6e7e702e56_c.jpg
Venus.....not an out of focus moon lol
12858761093_e9b70e1670.jpg
12873252494_a1e76194d0.jpg
my very first imaged galaxy from saturday night! :)
  • Like 16

Put it this way, the 383 would de-bag a DSLR and spank its bottom any day of the week :D

383 mono also beats the QHY8, in both broadband and narrowband. But, its a heavy camera so your focuser needs to be up to the job.

• Like 5

It is good you started this thread Russe because for many the 130pds is an undiscovered gem.

We often hear how for 'real' astrophotography you need an expensive APO triplet but the images posted here clearly show that is not the case  :icon_salut:

Steve 

• Like 9

Can't edit my previous post but here is the equipment used. All pics taken with a Canon EOS 550D, SW 130PDS an an EQ 5 with synscan. PA alignment trough "feeling" as the polarscopes i ordered dont fit in the EQ5. No guiding yet but very soon as i have the equipment (except a proper polarscope)

• Like 3

Can't edit my previous post but here is the equipment used. All pics taken with a Canon EOS 550D, SW 130PDS an an EQ 5 with synscan. PA alignment trough "feeling" as the polarscopes i ordered dont fit in the EQ5. No guiding yet but very soon as i have the equipment (except a proper polarscope)

really amazing pics henry! for 30 sec subs!!! ohhhh i got to try the leo triplet :)

is everyone using the coma corrector?

Edited by tingting44
  • Like 1

Got another one.

Full moon with a Canon 450D. 50 frames stacked at ISO400. Didn't use darks/flats/bias...

get.jpg

some cracking results... makes the 130 look very attractive, a much cheaper all rounder compared to the 80ed too.   Russe, is this moon not really a sw127 mak?  a great sharp shot all the same!

• Like 1

wow, not sure what happened with the font size :)

some cracking results... makes the 130 look very attractive, a much cheaper all rounder compared to the 80ed too.   Russe, is this moon not really a sw127 mak?  a great sharp shot all the same!