Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 25th with animation.

johnh

SPX350 F29.9, Flea3, 5xPowermate, Astrodon filters.

Another night with good seeing which was variable with an average spell but grabbed a good rgb with storm showing which seems to be wrapped around the disc. 2 moons are Tethys (close to disc) and Rhea.

Thanks, John.

post-15219-13387752312_thumb.jpg

post-15219-133877523126_thumb.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will be getting this quality routinely i reckon as long as seeing doesnt nosedive.

Got a moon in the shot too i see. 60 seconds at first seemed a tad short to me, but of course at 10 meters and with a storm on show it probably is wise to cut back to that, Not having a problem with noise, means you have it all, storm features not smeared out, and a smooth image to boot. Another superb one. that storm is just immense, ive never seen a storm on saturn like this before, looks like it will completly cover one half of the planet, can you imaging if it actualy goes around the intire globe, wouldnt that be someting, i wonder if theres enough energy for it to do that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived