Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I introduce myself.

Gonariu

Hello everyone. I am an amateur from central Sardinia, I am 53 years old, I live in a small village, Orotelli, and I teach mathematics and physics in a school in Nuoro, 20 km from Orotelli. As an amateur astronomer I am a visualist, I took a few shots with the smartphone brought to the eyepiece of the telescope but nothing more; the observations I make are purely contemplative. I came across this forum by chance and it made a good impression on me. I apologize to everyone for my bad English, this time for reasons of haste I used Google translator but, having more time, I will try to do without it even if with the vocabulary it will take longer and I will make more mistakes (I studied English years ago as a self-taught with all the limitations that this method entails, I studied French at school for five years).

• Like 12

Thank you all! I am looking at the forum from time to time and it is more and more interesting, I like that we also talk about not big instruments; after all, the best telescope is the one you use the most!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gonariu said:

Are you teacher of math and physics?

Just Physics Gonariu - secondary school 12-18 year olds.  From time to time something will be posted in the forum that will give you an idea to use in class.  At the moment I'm working on a radio telescope (see radio astronomy section) to see if we can identify the hydrogen line .  Struggling with the software at present but I'm hopeful to get a chance to sort it out during the summer holidays ( 4 weeks away and counting ) :) 

Jim 

• Like 1