Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I introduce myself.

Gonariu

On 24/05/2021 at 14:11, Gonariu said:

Hello everyone. I am an amateur from central Sardinia, I am 53 years old, I live in a small village, Orotelli, and I teach mathematics and physics in a school in Nuoro, 20 km from Orotelli. As an amateur astronomer I am a visualist, I took a few shots with the smartphone brought to the eyepiece of the telescope but nothing more; the observations I make are purely contemplative. I came across this forum by chance and it made a good impression on me. I apologize to everyone for my bad English, this time for reasons of haste I used Google translator but, having more time, I will try to do without it even if with the vocabulary it will take longer and I will make more mistakes (I studied English years ago as a self-taught with all the limitations that this method entails, I studied French at school for five years).

Hi, and welcome

Your English is better that the Sardinian spoken by most others here. It will not be a problem.

Maths and Physics - we will be making use of that knowledge I expect.

Once again, welcome.

I still thank everyone who welcomed me. These days due to lack of time (the school year is ending here in Italy and I find myself several more tasks), I am having what I write  translated into English By Google Translator but I propose to do without it when I find myself a little 'more than time; It is also right to make an effort to improve your English. Clear skies to all!

Ringrazio ancora chi mi ha dato il benvenuto in questo forum!!!

@Chandra: dove abito io, nella periferia di Orotelli (piccolo paese del centro Sardegna di 2000 abitanti) c'è un po' di inquinamento luminoso ma si può sopravvivere (dietro casa mia è tutto campagna). Un po' di anni fa sono andato a cena in una casa di campagna nei pressi di Dorgali e ti posso dire che c'era un cielo così magnifico che mi perdevo, non riuscivo a riconoscere le costellazioni tante erano le stelle che vedevo! Ad un certo punto ho riconosciuto le Pleiadi che ho puntato col mio binocolo 10X50 della Celestron (un Upclose): non ho mai visto tante stelle nelle Pleiadi con un binocolo! Se vi capita di venire in Sardegna per le vacanze (molti vengono per il mare) portatevi un telescopio da viaggio (un piccolo apocromatico da 80 mm o un acromatico 80/400 che si possono montare su un buon treppiede fotografico) e alternate i tuffi al mare all'osservazione degli oggetti deep – sky (grazie a Dio la sciagurata epidemia è in fase di regressione anche qui e speriamo tutti di fare un'estate normale e non solo!!!!).

I realized only today that I accidentally replied in Italian in the previous message, for reasons of lack of time as the school year is ending and I find myself very busy, I write the message first with Word and then I have it translated into English with Google Translate I must have surely forgotten to do the latter. I apologize to everyone for my involuntary misconduct and put this message back in English.

Thanks again to those who welcomed me to this forum !!!

@ Chandra: where I live, on the outskirts of Orotelli (a small town in central Sardinia of 2000 inhabitants) there is a bit of light pollution but you can survive (behind my house it's all countryside). A few years ago I went to dinner in a country house near Dorgali and I can tell you that there was a sky so magnificent that I was lost, I could not recognize the constellations so many were the stars I saw! At one point I recognized the Pleiades that I aimed with my Celestron 10X50 binoculars (an Upclose): I have never seen so many stars in the Pleiades with binoculars! If you happen to come to Sardinia for the holidays (many come for the sea) bring a travel telescope (a small 80 mm apochromat or an 80/400 achromat that can be mounted on a good photographic tripod) and alternate diving sea to the observation of deep - sky objects (thank God the unfortunate epidemic is in a phase of regression here too and we all hope to have a normal summer and more !!!!).

• Like 1