Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What a year!

FLO

This year has been a rollercoaster ride! It is difficult to know what to say. On the one hand we want to punch the air (this has been a record year of growth for FLO) but that doesn't feel appropriate knowing how many businesses have closed or are hanging on with their fingernails. And of course the considerable impact on our health and freedoms during this global pandemic.

This year has however shown us how dependent we are on each other and key workers. Like supermarket and corner-shop staff, postal workers, delivery drivers, refuse collectors, etc. And of course hospital and care home staff. Many of them low paid and working in difficult conditions. Many of them immigrants. Hopefully after 2020 they are remembered and accorded the value they deserve ongoing. 

Fortunately there are reasons to feel positive about next year, 2021. Foremost is we have a vaccine! In 6-12 months most of the population will have been vaccinated. We can then look forward to more social interaction, stability and growth. It will be interesting to see what the new 'normal' looks like. 

Thank-you to everyone who supported FLO through 2020. Thank-you especially for your continued patience and understanding during these extraordinary times. 

Very best wishes and happy New Year 🙂 

Alex, Andy, Annette, Ann, Cody, Dave, Grant, Ian, James, Katie, Lisa, Martin, Matt, Rob & Steve. 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

I'm a newbie to the hobby but already my interactions with FLO have been nothing but positive, so thanks for all your help!

As @alan pottssays above, if you could clarify shipping to Ireland now that Brexit is finally happening, that would be very helpful, too. No rush on that though!

Thanks!

• Like 1

I suspect many UK equipment importers may be looking at setting up warehouses in the EU and establishing EU subsidiary companies so that no one has to have all the hassles of bringing stuff into the UK only for it to be exported out again.

Nice words Steve. It has been quite a year for everyone and I shall be celebrating the end of it with a takeaway. 😋 It’s also my birthday today and I can now theoretically draw my pension (although I’ve many years of work ahead)! Happy New Year to all. 🥳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertI said:

Nice words Steve. It has been quite a year for everyone and I shall be celebrating the end of it with a takeaway. 😋 It’s also my birthday today and I can now theoretically draw my pension (although I’ve many years of work ahead)! Happy New Year to all. 🥳

Happy Birthday Robert! Enjoy the takeaway...perhaps with a little drink :)

• Thanks 1

Happy New Year.

I would  like to thank @FLO & several members of SGL for helping me get rid of around 3k & still counting over the last 4 or 5 months 😁

But on a more serious note . It's great to be getting back into this after 7 or so years away. Having been on furlough since March,  this forum (and my mountain biking 😁)  has been a godsend to take my mind away from what's going on in the 'real' world.

Plus another mention to @FLO whose customer service & fast deliveries have kept to the same fantastic standard all the way through the year & who have consistently & very quickly answered all my emails when I found myself a bit lost when it came to what would work with what etc.

All the best 

Steve

Edited by nephilim
  • Like 3