Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your Berlebach product

1 hour ago, Dean Hale said:

First Berlebach product and definitely not the last. Report 312 Tripod in Titanium grey. They are lovely. Unlike the scuffed attic floor.

tripod.jpg

pier.jpg

I have exact same tripod it looks great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Which Berlebach tripod do you think would be ideal for an AZEQ6 with a TS Photoline 125mm. Would the UNI28 model be enough or would we have to go for the Planet model directly? By the way, would someone be so kind as to tell me the width and thickness of the legs, both on the Planet model and on the UNI28?
Thanks

While the UNI is fine and had very little vibration I have say I found there was zero vibration with the Planet. I thought the UNI was solid until I got the Planet.

The Planet legs are 125mm wide by 35mm thick.

Edited by johninderby

The Uni 28 legs are 72mm wide by 35mm thick.

I have double clamps on mine, which probably helps with rigidity, as it feels very solid, although I would say that my iOptron Tri Pier (which is rated for higher load), feels like it’s concreted into the floor and I suspect the Planet is the same 👍

Edited by HollyHound

14 hours ago, Acrab67 said:

Hi,

Which Berlebach tripod do you think would be ideal for an AZEQ6 with a TS Photoline 125mm. Would the UNI28 model be enough or would we have to go for the Planet model directly? By the way, would someone be so kind as to tell me the width and thickness of the legs, both on the Planet model and on the UNI28?
Thanks

Having used both I’d say the planet is by far the better of the two and to be honest it’s not that much heavier to move around in my option 

• Like 1

With that combination of mount and scope you can probably justify the Planet, especially as it will not be a very portable set up. UNI are very good if you are trying to keep a set up more portable/transportsble.

IE they are both good tripods for the job they are made for, as with Report too I hear.

19 hours ago, HollyHound said:

The Uni 28 legs are 72mm wide by 35mm thick.

I have double clamps on mine, which probably helps with rigidity, as it feels very solid, although I would say that my iOptron Tri Pier (which is rated for higher load), feels like it’s concreted into the floor and I suspect the Planet is the same 👍

Good to hear that the iOptron Tri-Pier is nice and solid. I've been deliberating between a Planet and a Tri-Pier for my setup.

I've already got a Uni 18 configured for an AZ Pro so have ordered an adaptor so that I can attach the AZ100 when I finally click buy.

However, although I desperately want a Planet, because I intend to leave the AZ100 permanently setup in the garden I'll eventually get a Tri-Pier as I don't think I could bring myself to leave a beautiful Planet tripod set up permanently outside even if it was protected.

Edited by AdeKing
Correcting errant autocorrect.
  • Like 3

To go with the picture (on page 3) of my Uni 18, i recently purchased a second hand, but very nice Planet.

It needed a different top plate but Berlebach happily obliged in only 2 or 3 days.

Here it is doing a solar session with my 105mm APM + DM4 lightweight mount.

2CBBAB97-BCA2-4F23-B088-7C9AA470220E

I'm very impressed with the stability of the planet.

IMG_2442

Edited by Space Hopper
  • Like 5

Here's my small contribution to this thread, my one and only (so far) Berlebach product. It's in the classifieds, if anyone's interested.

IMG_20210414_172904813.jpg

I guess I could fit some handles and use it for tea and biccies😄

Edited by Roy Challen
  • Like 1

On 25/03/2021 at 14:55, Dean Hale said:

First Berlebach product and definitely not the last. Report 312 Tripod in Titanium grey. It is lovely. Unlike the scuffed attic floor.

pier.jpg

Is that the More Blue Carbon Fibre Half Pillar?  It looks great with that grey Report - I think I need one :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Challen said:

Here's my small contribution to this thread, my one and only (so far) Berlebach product. It's in the classifieds, if anyone's interested.

IMG_20210414_172904813.jpg

I guess I could fit some handles and use it for tea and biccies😄

It’s a beauty, Roy. Handles would be a great addition, naturally, as we love handles on SGL

oops did someone mention love handles? Mods!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jadcx said:

Is that the More Blue Carbon Fibre Half Pillar?  It looks great with that grey Report - I think I need one :) 

Yes it is. Can cope with 15kg apparently, so manages quite well with the StellaMira.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

When I purchased my Berlebach Planet 2 years ago I made two errors that I regretted:

1. I purchased from a supplier that showed it “in stock”. No other UK supplier had it in stock.

Yes it was in stock. But in Mulda, Germany. In the event it did arrive quickly. 

2. I wasn’t aware that the Planet I ordered had single clamps. I later learned that FLO supplies double clamps as standard. Lesson to self: study in detail what is included.  So I ordered a second set of clamps from Berlebach. This was earlier this year and I’ve only just fitted them. The only benefit was that the process showed me just how well thought through and constructed Berlebach products are.

3C877F46-6AD9-4BD1-BC72-F689C0FE5EE0.thumb.jpeg.838395f47925d9fa5501c32313854896.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Yesterday I received a Berlebach Planet that I bought second hand in France. The tripod seems new, and apart from its stability.
It came with only one set of clamps, so I ordered another one from Astroshop to install them and increase security.

IMG20230524135655.jpg

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Acrab67 said:

Hi again,

As 90% of the observations I do from home, on hard and level ground, I have replaced the steel spikes with these support bases that from my point of view are ideal, strong and economical

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B09NR8RNYS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

IMG20230527180811.jpg

IMG20230527180909.jpg

~

Great find, and cheaper than Berlebach's product:

IMGP4527.JPG.33eaaceec6d6e797cddf456d09ec2015.JPG