Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Berlebach product

I love my Uni 28, BC&F branded.  For something so light, it feels as solid as a rock.

It spends most of its time outside, on a balcony, so I have replaced most of the bolts and screws with stainless steel.  I'd like to varnish the legs, but I worry that they will just stick together if I do.

1T6A5137.jpg

• Like 7

My Uni 18 (in Nutwood Brown stain) purchased in 2014, direct from Berlebach, and still in active service.

Mainly used with my DM-6 Alt-az.

Its been a good dependable workhorse over the years. I have  the 'spread stopper' rather than any chains and use both the floor spikes and the 'rubber feet'.

15053459526_37e1f420e6_b.jpg

Edited by Space Hopper
  • Like 7

Hello ;),

a photo during  confinement in France, but fortunately weather is excellent for about 4 weeks 🙂!

TSA102, AZEQ6 PRO & Berlebach Planet with double clamp from FLO! I'm using 3 antivibration pads to prevent rubber feets to sink into the ground  😅!

Clear skies

berlebach.jpg

Edited by HAlfie
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the run of good weather lately, I've been leaving my Berlebach Planet and AZEQ6 set up on the patio, covered with a cover sold for covering stacks of garden chairs. It's just about the right length, well made and cheap compared to covers specifically sold for scopes.

The only thing is that it seems a shame to cover up such a thing of beauty. However, the cover does just leave a bit of Berlebach ankle on show 🙂

IMG_1115.jpg.5226dc4e65a9e92fb413b292ac0015b2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hope it’s not too late to post...

Berlebach Uni 28 being used as “grab and go” with C5 mounted on an AZ5. This tripod was way more than the scope or mount needed, so it has now been moved to support the SkyTee, but I still think it made a nice simple setup at the time, along with an old guitar stool😊

6304C7CE-C3F0-46A5-A37D-1B09DAC89382.jpeg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

New addition to the stable... the Report 372 Astronomy, which now supports the ScopeTech Zero Mount as my grab and go setup, either with the StellaMira 80mm f/10 or the Celestron C5 onboard😃

E8C85E2F-11F3-4E0C-8B0F-6E6E67D01203.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
Corrected model number
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, johninderby said:

Makes me want a Report tripod for my AZ-GTi instead of the steel tripod. 🤔

It’s surprisingly different from the Uni 28, sort of felt quite insubstantial at first, but it’s just as well made only a lot lighter. Makes a big difference carrying it around 🤣

I have the EQ5 (M10) to 3/8” adaptor from @FLO attached to allow use of the ScopeTech, but I wanted the flexibility of attaching an M10 Mount (SkyTee, EQ5 etc) if needed. The tripod heads are modular and can be swapped. If you don’t anticipate this need, then the Report 312 has a 3/8” adaptor only. Both also come with the spreader stop and wooden tray.

I did have to source it direct from TS in Germany, as I couldn’t source it in the UK, but it arrived in 3 days, so very good service 👍

FWIW, I do still have the SW 1.75” steel tripod, that’s got the Berlebach Castor on it now, although I do love these wooden tripods 😀

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 1