Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your Berlebach product

4 hours ago, johninderby said:

Just received a delivery notice from DPD saying it will be delivered today. Nothing from Berlebach at all which is a bit odd. 🤔

Still showing the same the same message on the Berlebach site though.

I'm guessing they cleared their order backlog before they went on holiday, but didn't push through their own dispatch email. I've found that suppliers that use DPD (which I love BTW!), tend to have "personalised" dispatch emails coming from them followed by a DPD only one 🤔

At least it's arriving... which model did you get in the end, or shall we wait for the big reveal on "What did the postman bring today ?" 😀

You will love the Report, I've got the C5 with 8-24mm zoom and mounted on the ScopeTech permanently ready to go just inside the back patio door now, and it's made it so much easier to pick it all up and wander anywhere around the farm I want to get a good view 👍

I can also very quickly swap out to the StellaMira too when required. The Mak 150 and ST80 now stay on the SkyTee, which remains on the Uni 28.

I do love these Berlebach tripods 😀

26 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The wee little Berlebach tripod arrived. Set up for now with the Manfrotto 405 geared head.

Looks a bit small next to the Uni tripod. 🙂

Very nice indeed, they do complement each other well 👍

I love that having both gives options, most of the time the lighter weight Report is absolutely fine, but the Uni 28 is there to support the heavy stuff when needed 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Berlebach 212 Report with a subtle mod. 🙂

As the 212 Report doesn’t have markings on the legs for setting the height of the tripod I decided to add some. Thought about adding some stick on clear measures but they were too thick to fit through the leg clamp bracket so decided to use some Letraset rub on transfer numbers as they are really just thin paint.

Removed the sliding leg sections and marked out the postions of the numbers using masking tape. The numbers are just postion indicators so no need for any measurements to be shown. After applying the numbers gave the legs a couple of coats of Osmo oil finish which matchers the existing finish perfectly. Once fully hardened it is tougher than polyurethane.

The end result is subtle yet makes it easy to set the legs at a specific height. 👍🏻

D5DE215B-B5FF-4845-A70C-27799FA48307.jpeg

0735CFF0-B9BB-4E74-B5BC-BB2FFE940E38.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

As the 212 Report doesn’t have markings on the legs for setting the height of the tripod I decided to add some. Thought about adding some stick on clear measures but they were too thick to fit through the leg clamp bracket so decided to use some Letraset rub on transfer numbers as they are really just thin paint.

Removed the sliding leg sections and marked out the postions of the numbers using masking tape. The numbers are just postion indicators so no need for any measurements to be shown. After applying the numbers gave the legs a couple of coats of Osmo oil finish which matchers the existing finish perfectly. Once fully hardened it is tougher than polyurethane.

The end result is subtle yet makes it easy to set the legs at a specific height. 👍🏻

Nice mod John, makes all the difference having some reference like that, especially for a lightweight tripod, I’ve reset the legs a few times whilst using mine 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2020 at 13:12, johninderby said:

D5DE215B-B5FF-4845-A70C-27799FA48307.jpeg

0735CFF0-B9BB-4E74-B5BC-BB2FFE940E38.jpeg

It looks really nice! How much does it weigh, with and without the tray?

12 minutes ago, grjsk said:

It looks really nice! How much does it weigh, with and without the tray?

Tripod is 2.8kg and tray is 590g so nice and light weight but able to carry a 20kg load.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Tripod is 2.8kg and tray is 590g so nice and light weight but able to carry a 20kg load.

Thanks! My phototripod is 2.5kg, and can carry 3kg.. It’s time for a Berlebach I think!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, grjsk said:

Thanks! My phototripod is 2.5kg, and can carry 3kg.. It’s time for a Berlebach I think!

I have the same tripod and it’s a lovely thing... very light and stable. My grab and go setup with this tripod has become my most used equipment, so it’s well worth considering 👍

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

I have the same tripod and it’s a lovely thing... very light and stable. My grab and go setup with this tripod has become my most used equipment, so it’s well worth considering 👍

I’m considering the 212 with the Scopetech Zero on top. Today I have two setups; a travel friendly phototripod with a SW pronto for my 72mm refractor, and the twilight 1 for my 102mm refractor. By investing in the Berlebach and the Scopetech I only need the 1 setup for both scopes: lightweight and strong all in one. Sure its expensive, but not all that bad considering Im replacing two mounts. Saving storage in the process!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grjsk said:

I’m considering the 212 with the Scopetech Zero on top. Today I have two setups; a travel friendly phototripod with a SW pronto for my 72mm refractor, and the twilight 1 for my 102mm refractor. By investing in the Berlebach and the Scopetech I only need the 1 setup for both scopes: lightweight and strong all in one. Sure its expensive, but not all that bad considering Im replacing two mounts. Saving storage in the process!

That's my setup... Report 372 (almost identical model to @johninderby) with ScopeTech Zero on top, used with either a C5 or StellaMira 80mm ED f/10. With the C5 onboard (which is how I leave it in the house), I can pick it up and be outside in 30 seconds and it's super light weight, but still very stable 😀

It is now my most used tripod/mount combo, and I’m barely using my SkyTee on the Uni 28 now 😬

16B431E2-3F13-4A68-9F21-C5D27DE482E4.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

That's my setup... Report 372 (almost identical model to @johninderby) with ScopeTech Zero on top, used with either a C5 or StellaMira 80mm ED f/10. With the C5 onboard (which is how I leave it in the house), I can pick it up and be outside in 30 seconds and it's super light weight, but still very stable 😀

it is now my most used tripod/mount combo, and I’m barely using my SkyTee now.

16B431E2-3F13-4A68-9F21-C5D27DE482E4.jpeg

Looks very nice. I’m guessing a C6 wouldn’t be a problem either since it handles your f10? Maybe even a 150 mak? What’s heaviest you’ve tried on that setup?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grjsk said:

Looks very nice. I’m guessing a C6 wouldn’t be a problem either since it handles your f10? Maybe even a 150 mak? What’s heaviest you’ve tried on that setup?

This is in fact my heaviest setup, as this refractor and accessories weighs just under 7kg. The mount is rated for 7kg maximum if I recall. 

I do have a Mak 150, which probably weighs about the same, never thought to try it on here yet, so might give that a go this weekend and see how it copes (probably terrestrial views unless the weather improves 🤞)

• Thanks 1

I also use my Report tripod with a modified Manfrotto 405 geared head for manual alt az use. Used the head for years but if buying new would go for the Scopetech Zero as the Zero is slightly cheaper. Scope is a Scopetech 80 f15.

E02C383F-AA41-4C4F-BFAA-6137F156FB92.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

On 14/08/2020 at 11:01, HollyHound said:

This is in fact my heaviest setup, as this refractor and accessories weighs just under 7kg. The mount is rated for 7kg maximum if I recall. 

I do have a Mak 150, which probably weighs about the same, never thought to try it on here yet, so might give that a go this weekend and see how it copes (probably terrestrial views unless the weather improves 🤞)

Did you get to try it out this weekend? Im feeling a light touch of aperture fever, thinking that if it can handle a mak 150, surely a c8 is not out of the question..

1 hour ago, grjsk said:

Did you get to try it out this weekend? Im feeling a light touch of aperture fever, thinking that if it can handle a mak 150, surely a c8 is not out of the question..

Sorry for the late reply, weather wasn't too good over the weekend, but I have been able to test this configuration terrestrially.

It does support my Mak150 (which weighs about 6.5kg with rack and pinion focuser, diagonal, eyepiece and dew shield), as you can see from the photo.

I noted that at 75x (with a PanaView 24mm), that tapping the scope, produced a slight wobble which lasted no more than 2 seconds and then stopped dead again, so the Report 372 tripod and ScopeTech are very usable like this.

However, one issue I did find is that no matter how I adjust the ScopeTech Zero arm angle, I was unable to get any more than an altitude range of +0 to +75 degrees. This is due to the diameter of the scope (6"), as it's more than capable of going from +0 to +90 using either my 80mm ED or the C5. In order to achieve this I did also need to remove the altitude slow motion cable and just use a knob attached on the other side (easily reachable).

It's certainly very smooth (both free moving and slow motion) and usable within this altitude range, but if getting to the zenith is important to you, then I think a 5" scope is likely the limit for the ScopeTech Zero mount, due to the length of its arm (and thus clearance with the mount).

Hope this helps in your decision making 🤞

Report_372_Mak150_a.jpg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Sorry for the late reply, weather wasn't too good over the weekend, but I have been able to test this configuration terrestrially.

It does support my Mak150 (which weighs about 6.5kg with rack and pinion focuser, diagonal, eyepiece and dew shield), as you can see from the photo.

I noted that at 75x (with a PanaView 24mm), that tapping the scope, produced a slight wobble which lasted no more than 2 seconds and then stopped dead again, so the Report 372 tripod and ScopeTech are very usable like this.

However, one issue I did find is that no matter how I adjust the ScopeTech Zero arm angle, I was unable to get any more than an altitude range of +0 to +75 degrees. This is due to the diameter of the scope (6"), as it's more than capable of going from +0 to +90 using either my 80mm ED or the C5. In order to achieve this I did also need to remove the altitude slow motion cable and just use a knob attached on the other side (easily reachable).

It's certainly very smooth (both free moving and slow motion) and usable within this altitude range, but if getting to the zenith is important to you, then I think a 5" scope is likely the limit for the ScopeTech Zero mount, due to the length of its arm (and thus clearance with the mount).

Hope this helps in your decision making 🤞

Report_372_Mak150_a.jpg

Thanks alot! You saved me some money with your test. I’ll still get the Zero and a Berlebach I think, I’ll just forget about c6, c8 and mak 150 for the moment 😀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grjsk said:

Thanks alot! You saved me some money with your test. I’ll still get the Zero and a Berlebach I think, I’ll just forget about c6, c8 and mak 150 for the moment 😀

No worries. I'm going to try the Mak 150 a bit more when we have some clear skies again, I think it's usable, but realistically my C5, Mak 127 or the StellaMira 80mm f/10 is about as much as I'd want to use on this setup.

You will love the ScopeTech Zero and Berlebach though... great grab and go combination, and I'm loving that I can move freely or use slow motion without locking/unlocking clutches 👍

Edited by HollyHound